• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Oasis Hydronic Antifreeze

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Getting mine done at Newmar this September. I believe it's supposed to be done every 3 years.

I checked with ITR support a while back and they stated that there isn't a set maintenance interval for changing the transfer fluid. The PH of the Propylene Glycol transfer fluid should be periodically checked with a refractometer or coolant test strips, and changed if the PH falls below 5.0, He did say that that 8-10 years is the typical life of the fluid, but it depends on usage, conditions, etc.

Last edited:
I've actually flushed and refilled the Oasis system. ITR thought I had air in the system. Took it to the dealer and they mixed the green and the pink fluid. It turns muddy brown when that happens. I wrote a letter I was going to send to Newmar unless the dealer provided me 17 gallons at no cost. Had it 4 days later. They no longer sell Newmar's. Camping World buying the dealership may had more to do with it.
ITR has a great video on flushing the system.

It is not difficult to flush and refill but it does take some time. I flushed it 16 times until no more brown liquid came out when I purged it with air. It worked better than new.

Amazon sells the yellow stuff, carry gallon for spare.

Amazon sells the yellow stuff, carry gallon for spare.
Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what mine has. I bought the coach new and it has never been changed. It's 2 gallons low and RV tech talked to Oasis and they said the antifreeze needs changing with a different type that cost $58 per gallon and my Oasis holds 14 gallon.

Century Transfer Fluid is most likely what you have. It is yellow/green in color. You can order it directly from ITR in 5 gallon buckets for less. $58 per gallon is twice what it costs on Amazon.com.
The less expensive stuff is pink and made by Camco.

The reservoir on mine is on PS side, rear door, tank on rear wall. The coolant shows through plastic bottle. You should only use approved coolant, because of the heat/transfer system, if it should leak into circulating water, you are going to bath/wash hand, etc. with that contaminated water with fluid in it. Automotive antifreeze/diesel engine stuff has properties which are poisonous to humans/pets. Use only approved stuff. I have attached two manuals to help all.

Attachments

• Oasis & DM12 Install & Operating Manual-Rev 08-31-2016.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 35
  • Oasis_Service_Manual-REV 1.0.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
This is an older post but I am wondering how much the Oasis system should be using. I noticed today after running the oasis most of the weekend that the reservoir was down considerably. I checked it before the trip on Friday and it was at normal level. I just ordered a gallon to have to top it off but am just wondering is I need to look for a leak or is it normal to need to top off regularly. I am parked in a barn with a cement floor and see no evidence of leaking on the ground.
Thanks

This is an older post but I am wondering how much the Oasis system should be using. I noticed today after running the oasis most of the weekend that the reservoir was down considerably. I checked it before the trip on Friday and it was at normal level. I just ordered a gallon to have to top it off but am just wondering is I need to look for a leak or is it normal to need to top off regularly. I am parked in a barn with a cement floor and see no evidence of leaking on the ground.
Thanks
Maybe yours had some air pockets and will stabilize. I never have to add to mine but I keep some with me in case I ever need it. The things you learn here...I’ll test mine tomorrow since its probably six years old.

Latest resources

Back