• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Oasis igniter failure

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I was able to find and purchase a replacement diaphragm for the Dynaflo compressor for my ITR Oasis boiler from Hydronic Heating Warehouse for $52 plus tax and shipping. Dynaflo High Output Compressor replacement Diaphragm PR0001014A

A Google search also came up with Integrity RV Parts with a price of $85 plus tax and shipping.

I anticipate getting the screw back into the arm will be the tricky part.

Laurent

OK, time to fess up on my flame out. I‘ve been procrastinating once again and thought I had a service kit in my parts bin, but when I went to install it to hopefully cure my flame out, I found it was just a bunch of old parts I saved from last time. Hmmph! So I tinkered for a while to no avail, and hit the road again.

Today I took a more serious approach, removed, disassembled, and cleaned the nozzle (welding tip cleaners are good for this) , cleaned the fuel block filter (because I don't happen to possess a new one), and put it back together and still flame out. So I took it back apart and this time also cleaned the fuel block with carb cleaner. Put it back together again and now we have heat, which is a good thing because the Exalted One doesn’t exactly enjoy life at 40°. So all is well and we are warm.

The lesson learned is that there are other measures besides swapnostics. I should have taken a pic, but pull the fuel nozzle, and look in the fuel block and see if it looks like it has some dirty oil colored deposits around the fuel inlet hole. If so blast it out with carb cleaner and maybe you’ll get lucky too!

Have you tried putting any of the removed components back in such as the old igniter?
If the old igniter glows red its good and you can move on - that was a helpful rule-out for me. On mine I didn’t mess with the fuel pump diagnostics since I don’t have a spare pump anyway. But I did notice a brief tiny yellow flame while observing the ignitor so I figured it was a fuel delivery problem. The trouble shooting manual, post 4, was very helpful.

We just got back from South Texas. The first night out our oasis laid down. I was like Rich and had no new parts. I had a flame but terrible soot. It would and go to safety shut down. We were at the grandson's motocross race and boondocking. I opened up the oasis and removed both sintered filters and back washed with brake cleaner. I cleaned the nozzle with a welding tip cleaner and reassembled. The oasis worked the rest of the trip. I have a three year maintenance in the coach now.

Latest resources

Back