Freightliner
Engine
360 Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited, Blue Ox, Demco Air Force One
Fulltimer
No
Seasons Greetings to all!

I have a 2017 Ventana. I've done my ITR Oasis annual service as well as the three year kit. After only about six months after my last service, I began to see the red light below the burner switch that says heater module fault. So last week I installed an annual kit making sure I cleaned all parts as ITR recommends but I still do not get the boiler to ignite. I do however hear it attempt to start but no ignition. So I recorded the starting sound yesterday. It tries to start two times then the red flame out and fault light come on.

Does anyone recognize what this sound might point toward so I can diagnose what the problem is? If ITR was open today, I would call them and have them tell me what they hear to troubleshoot. They've been helpful in the past when the water temp sensor was the problem with no hot water.

If anyone can help me, I am eternally grateful.

Laurent

Attachments

• Boiler starting.mp3
    1.5 MB
So I heard the spark!
After listening to you all I am under the impression we are talking diesel burner! If that is the case it may be the pump!

Thanks Kevin. So I think I'd want to turn the salesman switch to see if the problem is with my summer loop pump? I also might check the flame sensor to see if it is melted like a fellow member suggested.
Was not talking about water pumps. Sounds like a diaphragm, or plunger pump. You know, to pump fuel!

Was not talking about water pumps. Sounds like a diaphragm, or plunger pump. You know, to pump fuel!
Kevin--

You are correct. The startup noise comes from the compressor. I removed the four cover screws and it appears the compressor piston busted through the diaphragm. Looks like the screw was hitting the diaphragm and wore a dent.

Attachments

• IMG_1463.PNG
    IMG_1463.PNG
    752 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1465.PNG
    IMG_1465.PNG
    739.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1466.PNG
    IMG_1466.PNG
    744.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1455.jpg
    IMG_1455.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 14
The fault occurred in the Oasis compressor not the vacuum pump.

Last edited:
Kevin--

You are correct. The startup noise comes from the compressor. I removed the four cover screws and it appears the compressor piston busted through the diaphragm. Looks like the screw was hitting the diaphragm and wore a dent.
Thank you for letting us know what you found!

Where are folks getting service kits these days? Looking for availability more than price but it would be nice to keep the cost reasonable too. I’ve always used Hydronic Heating Warehouse.

I've done my ITR Oasis annual service as well as the three year kit
Have you tried putting any of the removed components back in such as the old igniter?

Latest resources

Back