• Commercial/Vendors welcome

On our way to Alaska

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
we guys we made it Just outside Glacier National park on the east side. Got to the campground and setup. Then I noticed something. I found the right rear axle seal must of failed along the way. Now I have to drive about 30 miles back to a NAPA to get a couple tools I did not bring with me and get a new seal. Guess I’ll go to the park on Sunday.

Attachments

• IMG_2960.jpeg
    IMG_2960.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2961.jpeg
    IMG_2961.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2959.jpeg
    IMG_2959.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 31
These trips are never without a few little surprises

Well, 2 out of those 3 pictures sure look nice. Hope you get it fixed quickly and really hoping that's the worst incident you have on your journey. The silver lining is you didn't have this happen 500 miles from nowhere.

Glad you noticed it before any serious damage occurred and it's good that you are a handy kinda guy and can get it done yourself.

Darrell

Ollen, anybody from Tennessee with a beard like that is not handy. He is a "git er dun" kinda guy.:)

Well got it done. It would have only cost about $45 for oil, gasket material and oil, but had to add $150 for tools to get the hubcap off. Way over torqued.
I found all the bolts that hold the axle to the hub loose allowing the axle to shift back and forth tearing the seal. Only lost less then 2 qts of oil so no damage issues.

Attachments

• IMG_5274.jpeg
    IMG_5274.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5276.jpeg
    IMG_5276.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5275.jpeg
    IMG_5275.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5278.jpeg
    IMG_5278.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5279.jpeg
    IMG_5279.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 28
Well we finally spent the day steeing the park. Boy was it beautiful. We are on the east side and we went up to Many Glacier, then down to St. Mary’s to Jefferson Glacier where the highway to the sun was blocked off. They had late snows and are trying to clear off 90-100 ft of snow. All and all a good time.

Attachments

• IMG_2990.jpeg
    IMG_2990.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2991.jpeg
    IMG_2991.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2995.jpeg
    IMG_2995.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2998.jpeg
    IMG_2998.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2999.jpeg
    IMG_2999.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 19
Going to the sun road is usually not open until July, we've been there twice, beautiful place, actually thought on moving to Kalispell or Eureka a few years ago

Wow, that really IS nice!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back