• Commercial/Vendors welcome

On our way to Alaska

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well got it done. It would have only cost about $45 for oil, gasket material and oil, but had to add $150 for tools to get the hubcap off. Way over torqued.
I found all the bolts that hold the axle to the hub loose allowing the axle to shift back and forth tearing the seal. Only lost less then 2 qts of oil so no damage issues.
You’re the man!

We took off this morning about 10am and headed north up 89 to Carway boarder crossing. It was pretty uneventful. They just asked a few questions, but they did not ask for our ID, they wanted to see Passports. Luckily we had ours. So I am “assuming” passports are needed to cross now.
We stopped for the night in a town called “Old”. Staying at “O R Hedges Lions Campground”. Nice and clean and it’s a non-profit campground run by the Lions Club.

Attachments

• IMG_5471.jpeg
    IMG_5471.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5470.jpeg
    IMG_5470.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 19
We took off this morning about 10am and headed north up 89 to Carway boarder crossing. It was pretty uneventful. They just asked a few questions, but they did not ask for our ID, they wanted to see Passports. Luckily we had ours. So I am “assuming” passports are needed to cross now.
We stopped for the night in a town called “Old”. Staying at “O R Hedges Lions Campground”. Nice and clean and it’s a non-profit campground run by the Lions Club.

Passports have been required at border crossings for at least twenty years.

I know not quite that long anyway because my wife went up to Thunder Bay Dec 9th 2007, but understand your meaning it’s been required for a long time. While planning this trip several people told me they weren’t, but we got the passports anyway.

I know not quite that long anyway because my wife went up to Thunder Bay Dec 9th 2007, but understand your meaning it’s been required for a long time. While planning this trip several people told me they weren’t, but we got the passports anyway.

The first time I drove to Canada was in 2005. I may have just used my passport because I had one. I know the passport was required in 2008 to fly to Edmonton (that was the first time I visited my then-girlfriend’s (now wife) family. I do recall there was a lag between passports being required for air and land travel.

The passport was definitely required when I drove up there in 2011 for a triathlon.

The first time I drove to Canada was in 2005. I may have just used my passport because I had one. I know the passport was required in 2008 to fly to Edmonton (that was the first time I visited my then-girlfriend’s (now wife) family. I do recall there was a lag between passports being required for air and land travel.

The passport was definitely required when I drove up there in 2011 for a triathlon.
Yea, when I looked it up it said it started in 2008. I don’t know why I didn’t look at that in my planning. It would have been bad if I didn’t have one, but I had always planned on getting it “just in case”. Maybe that’s why I didn’t look further.

Passports have been required at border crossings for at least twenty years.
Although I entered Canada without one three years ago. All very friendly, considerate and professional. They were more interested in learning about the dogs than us.

Although I entered Canada without one three years ago. All very friendly, considerate and professional. They were more interested in learning about the dogs than us.

Are you still in Canada?

The return has always been more of a hassle. The only time I didn’t get hassled coming back was that 2005 trip, when I had my 1995 Geo Metro overloaded with stuff and a bike on the back.

Just an FYI "Old" is actually Olds kinda like the short form of Oldsmobile. And yes it is a very well run park and gets very busy once baseball season hits.

Darrell

Just an FYI "Old" is actually Olds kinda like the short form of Oldsmobile. And yes it is a very well run park and gets very busy once baseball season hits.

Darrell
You are correct, and there are baseball fields on both sides of the park. We actually got to see a girls softball league play last night.

Latest resources

Back