• Commercial/Vendors welcome

OTR Diagnostics, DEF, Derate Faults

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
TJ, please go to Polson and not let this situation change your RV plans. Especially if this is the end of the road for RVing, go enjoy it and I'm sure you'll be fine. The lift induced by deployed Girard's at 62mph will counter any derates :)

I wonder how many affected or worried about DEF heads may rethink their RV plans. I can see this driving people (self included) away from a motorhome and into a really nice, really big, fifth wheel. DEF problem solved!

I wonder how many affected or worried about DEF heads may rethink their RV plans. I can see this driving people (self included) away from a motorhome and into a really nice, really big, fifth wheel. DEF problem solved!
I agree--the 5ver is sounding pretty darn good.

Only problem is how do I get the 5ver and my jeep where I want to be...thats a heck of a train

Only problem is how do I get the 5ver and my jeep where I want to be...thats a heck of a train
Preposition Jeeps nationwide

Preposition Jeeps nationwide
That would cost me a fortune!! The amount of time and $$$ I spend on my jeep has rivaled what I have spent *modifying* my Dutchstar. ( not the actual purchase price of the DSDP)
165905140_10221409242154908_8007619884010450261_n.jpg
198813447_10221961737046935_1626142235050180289_n.jpg
202412179_10222026389263200_136752398412600150_n.jpg

So glad we got to meet you in better times. Judy D
@ARD , are they coming to you with the new head or do you need to make the trek to NIRV (Dallas?)?
Also, I would ask that delivery of your new coach include a reserve def head unless the matter has been resolved. Judy

On a slightly different tack, is there any validated data showing the actual frequency of DEF head failures? Since our coach is a 2018 (apparently near the epicenter of the problem), what are the odds that we’ll experience a problem? We have not had any DEF-related codes…yet. Our primary source of DEF is from the pump at T/A-Petro or Loves. And, like many others, we leave the engine idling when we refuel. Haven’t tried the slides and lawn chairs routine yet, though. :rolleyes:

We were going to make one final run to Polson before selling the lot there (and the coach) but now I’m wondering if that is smart until a supply of DEF heads is once again available. There’s quite a stretch of I-90 in Idaho and Western Montana that is pretty short on cell coverage and/or decent places to park a coach alongside the road. With all the recent issues we’ve had, I really don’t need another major headache.

TJ
Your place at Polson is too beautiful to not give it one more shot Tj. Your luck is ready for a turn for the best! Go and enjoy!
BTW, how did Premier treat you?

Your place at Polson is too beautiful to not give it one more shot Tj. Your luck is ready for a turn for the best! Go and enjoy!
BTW, how did Premier treat you?
Premier RV Service is scheduled for next Monday. We are in our second night at RV Glass Solutions in Coburg, Oregon, for windshield replacement. The new glass is in and sealed. Tomorrow morning, they want to check (and adjust, of necessary) the windshield wiper contact with the new glass. And, I must say they have been a class act! We are very pleased with all we’ve experienced thus far and expect nothing less on the final day.

We’ve had nothing but good contacts with Premier RV Services in Junction City, thus far. In addition to replacing the Girard awning, they will be troubleshooting why our center AC unit is not working and looking for the reason why we have intermittent issues with trying to shut off the engine. Hopefully, that will all go well.

We discovered this morning that the bowl in the Dometic 8300 toilet isn’t holding water. I suspect the flapper valve needs cleaning, but not sure how far into the unit I’m willing to put my fingers to try and clean it when the mascerating blades are running. :oops: It’s not a major issue, but will need attention. It’s always something.

TJ

Premier RV Service is scheduled for next Monday. We are in our second night at RV Glass Solutions in Coburg, Oregon, for windshield replacement. The new glass is in and sealed. Tomorrow morning, they want to check (and adjust, of necessary) the windshield wiper contact with the new glass. And, I must say they have been a class act! We are very pleased with all we’ve experienced thus far and expect nothing less on the final day.

We’ve had nothing but good contacts with Premier RV Services in Junction City, thus far. In addition to replacing the Girard awning, they will be troubleshooting why our center AC unit is not working and looking for the reason why we have intermittent issues with trying to shut off the engine. Hopefully, that will all go well.

We discovered this morning that the bowl in the Dometic 8300 toilet isn’t holding water. I suspect the flapper valve needs cleaning, but not sure how far into the unit I’m willing to put my fingers to try and clean it when the mascerating blades are running. :oops: It’s not a major issue, but will need attention. It’s always something.

TJ
I had a similar issue a few months ago. I solved it by putting bit of Happy Camper in the water, and let it do its work as the water sifted down. It only took a couple of times before the problem was solved. Judy D

When fueling do not shut your engine off. I actually did this my last few legs mainly to keep A/C going as it was so hot. I think with the SP/Shaw issues if I was on a SP I'd limit my engine cycles.
Is it dangerous to keep it on while fueling?

Latest resources

Back