• Commercial/Vendors welcome

OTR Mobile - Unlimited AT&T Hotspot or BYOD

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@sheridany I personally want a minimum of 5mbps down to stream at standard definition on a single device, 10mbps down to stream at high definition on a single device and 20 mbps down to stream at 4K on a single device. These are broad generalizations but are the rules that I work by. Upload speed doesn't need to be very much for streaming as you're not sending very much data back when streaming.

Whether or not it would be sufficient - the answer is yes in the right locations and no in the wrong locations. There's no guarantee because the speed will vary by location given that its a measure of how far you are from the cell tower, how much traffic that tower is handling at the moment, how many obstructions are in between you and the tower which are weakening your signal and well, many other things.

The thing to know is that there's no silver bullet for it and while I'm happy now, I'm sure I'll find a location where I'm not just because that's the nature of cellular service. Satellite service however, is equally bad everywhere it seems.?

YMMV

@MapNerd are you in Gainesville? My alma mater. It’s great to be a Gator. Love that place.

Back to the topic at hand before the ? show up.

@MapNerd looking at the OTR website they want 170 to buy the sim card and then 80/mo. How did you get it for 60/mo?

$60/month was the legacy plan. They raised prices for everyone. Legacy customers that were forced to upgrade are charged $70/month

still the cheapest unlimited AT&T plan I know of

Latest resources

Back