Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Fulltimer
Yes
Was searching for over a month for a plan I could use for my WiFi Ranger SkyPro LTE that came with the RV. I originally planned to replace this with a different setup but wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt before proceeding to drop that cash and swap out the equipment. Additionally, I also needed to find a plan that wasn't priced ridiculously.

The WiFi Ranger comes with an unactivated AT&T Nano SIM card and which they expect you to activate with one their Connected RV Plans. Well, those plans are less than adequate, considering they are $90/month for 22GB at most. That might work for some, but for a full timer it's a nonstarter. So I've been scouring for an unlimited AT&T plan.

Tried going the Harman Spark route - no dice because AT&T shuts you down once you transfer the service to a new SIM card outside of the Spark.
Tried going with Visible, but they only support certain devices and the service does not work on other devices. I tried taking my wife's visible SIM from her iPhone and putting it in my iPad - no dice. Service didn't work.

Finally, I came across OTR Mobile. Unlimited AT&T Data for $60/month. You can activate new SIM with them if you already have one, you can order a SIM directly from them, you can order an activated hotspot directly from them. I took the unactivated SIM that came with my WiFi Ranger, gave them the SIM number, waited an hour and popped it in. Voila. It's worked great for the last few days.

They make no reference as to data caps at all, just speed. I wonder if they are trying to fly below the radar for some reason?

-edit-

I found this on the front page:
$60/mo Unlimited Internet on Mobile Hotspots. No Data Caps. No Throttling. No Contracts. Get The Package That Works Best For You.

so I guess that is pretty plain speak.

They make no reference as to data caps at all, just speed. I wonder if they are trying to fly below the radar for some reason?
can't say but this week, we'll putting it through its paces with Netflix, Amazon Video, Skype for Business Video Conferences, Slack, Email, School and everything else. I'll report if anything goes sideways but let no news be good news.

I agree - this is a good option for those that don't want to go the Mobley route.

I agree - this is a good option for those that don't want to go the Mobley route.
Don't want to? I've haven't seen a way to. Thought it was too late. Isn't the mobley like $20/month unlimited, no caps, no throttles?

Does anyone know if AT&T is still offering the Moble plan for $20 / mo?

@redbaron , does the physical Mobley device get used for anything other than providing the IMEI number For activatio?

Does anyone know if AT&T is still offering the Moble plan for $20 / mo?

@redbaron , does the physical Mobley device get used for anything other than providing the IMEI number For activatio?
No, the mobley is not used once the IMEI has been given to att to get the plan. You could just sell it again possibly. I kept mine just in case.

2019 DSDP 4369 * Active Air * NHSO

No, the mobley is not used once the IMEI has been given to att to get the plan. You could just sell it again possibly. I kept mine just in case.

@redbaron ,Ronnie...

Have you successfully activated a Mobley purchased on eBay? How recently?
I'm concerned about spending $100+ for the device and not being able to transfer to me. Everything I've read suggests the service is grandfathered to the original purchaser only.

Thanks.

@BuckyII , I have registered 2 from ebay, but last one was 6 months ago.

I would call the att phone number for the mobley discount and see if the offer is still available if you provide the imei.

Its been long enough that I understand your concern. Its a useless device otherwise.

2019 DSDP 4369 * Active Air * NHSO

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back