Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Not sure if others have found this issue but we have found that over the years we have purchased complete cookware sets and dishes for the RV. I’ve got complete tool sets just for the RV. Granted there are very specific tools that are for RV systems.
Hauling stuff back and forth between trips gets old. We are getting to the point of only having to bring food and toiletries for a trip.

What do others do?

Loading and unloading is no fun, I try to minimize that experience.

Even my popup was "stocked". I would buy the kids clothes from thrift stores and leave them in the popup. In less than 30 minutes, the girls and I could pack the fridge with perishables, a couple movies for rainy/snowy days, whatever books we were reading at the time, close down the popup (it stayed opened up since it was a hardside), hook it up to the car, load the dog and cat into the car, lock up the house and pull out the driveway. My husband would meet us at whatever campground we ended up at. Granted a lot of the rolling stock in the popup was all our old tent camping gear.

Now, the truck camper (a daily driver) is always stocked except for perishables. We keep 3 days of clothes (each), shelf stable food, dog toys, dog treats, dog food and our vitamins (enough for a week) in the camper all the time. We would have to pack the dog's favourite toy (currently it's Sharkey) at the last minute. We forgot it on our last trip. It was only two nights but I do not want a repeat of those two nights.

I have never understood the the people who don't keep their campers stocked. I guess they didn't understand how we always took off in a few minutes. We also camped year round. Even when we camped in a canvas tent. Back then, our camping gear resided in a waterproof & bug proof box that my husband made to hold our gear. We would heave it in the back of the car or truck, pack a few perishables into the cooler and go.

Not sure if others have found this issue but we have found that over the years we have purchased complete cookware sets and dishes for the RV. I’ve got complete tool sets just for the RV. Granted there are very specific tools that are for RV systems.
Hauling stuff back and forth between trips gets old. We are getting to the point of only having to bring food and toiletries for a trip.

What do others do?
Before we became full timers, our coach was completely fitted out. We had only to pack perishable food and our PCs. Unless we had a special function to attend, the clothes we had in the coach served as well. When we began full timing we stored a lot of our duplicated with our kids (so much so that when we walk into our oldest daughter's house, it feels like home furniture and all! ) :)

Yeah I just went from two to three of almost everything too now that I have a space in a park with a “casita” (such as it is). I’m still trying to figure out why I got myself involved in another project but I do like the location. Joe, I only have to pack perishables as I keep the pantry and freezer relatively stocked, and I have a complete set of toiletries in each location. I even have extra necessary meds in the coach lest I forget to pack those.

I full time but! I have a storage trailer. I at one time stored. Every season I didn't take a bunch of tools, I wound up buying more on my ventures. The long of it? The next trip I stored one or more, and carried one along for the ride.

I have found if you don't cart it, that is when you need it!!!

We need to bring our meds and will pick up any perishables needed while on the road. I'm thankful we don't need to winterize and our storage facility has potable water if we need water the first few days.

A house, a park model and a motorhome, so, ya, I guess we pretty much have three of everything. All we do is move select electronics and acquire groceries needed for which ever location. It kind'a makes life easier when we can walk out the door with the clothes we're wearing and a small bag for a laptop and a few small items.

Latest resources

Back