• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Dark Side of Self Driving

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Tesla has reportedly already led the way once by remotely backing a car out of its parking spot so the repo truck had easier access to it.

For the record.....there's a gun safe manufacturer that recently, and still is, catching a lot of consumer-led grief over supplying the FBI/BATF with the combination to an individuals safe, even thought they did NOT have a search warrant.
I can see this kind of thing back-firing on them. Maybe not over the repo issue, but if they can do it for a repo, then what else might they do?

Roger

Short comment.
SCAREY AS HELL!!!:D

This resonated with me:
“Safe Street Rebel isn’t the only group that’s had issues with autonomous vehicles. San Francisco’s police and fire departments have also said the cars aren’t yet ready for public roads. They’ve tallied 55 incidents where self-driving cars have gotten in the way of rescue operations…”

There's a place at home that sells overpriced cars at very high interest rates to people with little money and bad credit.
They put some kind of disabler in the cars so they won't start if a payment is late.

I guess something went wrong with the software or something one day and everyone who had one of these cars was stranded. Was a big deal on the news.
I imagine this new self driving idea will work out about as well.

Latest resources

Back