• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Palm Beach Motorcoach Debacle

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I dont know - other sites maybe. But Im quite certain that they've just raised their rates since you made your reservation and have a waiting list coupled with a distinct lack of honor. So, easy decision for a sleazy management style. I say good riddence!

Tried to put a review on Campground Reviews but couldn’t because we haven’t actually stayed there. Any suggestions on how to do this?
Given the number of members on this forum, I think you've probably already made the public aware. I know I wouldn't trust them to honor anything.

Don't forget Google Reviews. They are effective too.

Maybe wait for the dates to pass if you're trying to select a future date?

In other words, they've raised their rates since then. A place I like(d) in Palm Desert went from $109 to $191 in about 6 months. No longer on my list.

Another one there is now $232 and its across the street from a Hilton that's $180, and Merriot at $140. Craziness!

A reservation is a contract - anyone who doesn't honor that doesn't deserve our business.
pardon my ignorance but are talking about , $191 a night ?

Greed - they'll pay for that attitude in the long run. @KEITH BISHOP yes per nite.

They will be the first to feel the pinch when the RV glut is over and they have open sites that no one will rent.

A place I like(d) in Palm Desert went from $109 to $191 in about 6 months. No longer on my list.

Another one there is now $232 and its across the street from a Hilton that's $180, and Merriot at $140. Craziness!
These must be some swanky resorts?

These must be some swanky resorts?
Emerald Desert RV resort was a very nice place when I stayed there. I was looking for a park near Holland RV in Plam Desert (waste of time - dont bother) and a safe place for 3 young grandsons to ride their bikes and have some room to play without being able to wander too far or be in any danger. So it fit the bill then but at $109 was the most I ever paid for a night in an RV park. Since then the grass has turned brown, the staff is apparently in India, the 4 star hotel quality lobby is apparently locked up, and the price has almost doubled. So while it really was a very nice place, its not $191 nice, and it isn't what it was a year ago.

Ive found that city and county parks in small to medium sized towns (on the little highways) are hidden treasures. They are typically well maintained, underused so not crowded or noisy, secure and patrolled by local law enforcement, and very inexpensive and sometimes free. They also offer a nice jumping off place to enjoy local historical sites, museums, restaurants, and recreation. They dont offer long term stays so they arent of much use for snow-birding (unless you're the type who never lands), but for a day to a week or so while en route somewhere they are often the best thing going. And they are almost always in a nicer, more natural setting than a high-occupancy “resort”. Just my .02 worth...Cheers!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back