Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 450hp
TOW/TOAD
2022 Ford F250 4X4
Fulltimer
No
One side of the rubber gasket in the slot for my power cord fell off. I need to buy a new one, any recommendations as to where?

Mine also wore out… so I called Newmar and ordered a few feet. They use a different gasket now (at least different than what came on my 2017). Not sure it works as well, but it does the job…

Do you have a cross-section of the gasket?

Mine also wore out… so I called Newmar and ordered a few feet. They use a different gasket now (at least different than what came on my 2017). Not sure it works as well, but it does the job…
Agreed. The newer solution isn't as good as the original. I'm going to be working on an idea that I have for the issue and if it works, I'll post it here.

I took a pic of the new gasket cross section… hope this helps.
BE872EE8-F597-49DA-9608-8E90A1E6CC09.jpeg

I took a pic of the new gasket cross section… hope this helps.
View attachment 16275
Rich, I just got same thing from Newmar to do this week. Do you cut the remaining part off the use an adhesive with the new one? Seems like the metal lined part is still there…

No... I left it intact and used that section to slide over the ridge that the current one is attached to. If you take the old one off, it might be more obvious on how it is attached.

Let me know.
Rich

No... I left it intact and used that section to slide over the ridge that the current one is attached to. If you take the old one off, it might be more obvious on how it is attached.

Let me know.
Rich
Got it. Looking at your cross view, the bubble is what is torn off mine. Be back in few days thx.

I wasn't happy with the seal Newmar techs installed for me at the last Tampa Show. It wasn't as good as the original broken one. Here's a pic of the one they installed.

20230109_121545.jpg

I have been using a tennis ball to plug the wet bay hole as I have removed all the rubber seal so the sanicon and water would fit in the slot with the door shut. So, I stole one from the pup, used a 1 1/8 hole saw to cut through and connected the two holes with a slice. Now I just fit the ball around the line and shove it in the slot. Makes a pretty tight seal.
20230109_121642.jpg

Interesting idea…. So you cut a hole in the ball? Or just cut it in half?

Latest resources

Back