• Commercial/Vendors welcome

No power to fuse bank

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Dumb question here - you mentioned ACC. Did you have the key in that position or the on position? Just askin'....
Yeah, that would have been embarrassing now wouldn't it? lol

I was messing around with the power window on the drivers side (toll window) and I think I created a momentary short. It didn't blow the fuse but none of the other items on this row of fuses is getting power either. So it appears the power source that feeds this row of fuses isn't providing power any longer. I feel there must be another main fuse that feeds this row of fuses, and it's that fuse that has blown. This is what I think anyway, it may be something else.

Looking at this row of fuses, it appears that they are fed power by the large red wire coming in at the bottom (J9 ACC). If that is correct, then this wire should have 12v, but it doesn't. The red wire in the 3rd row of fuses (J10 BATT) does have 12v.

Any ideas?

View attachment 21210
Jim,
Though we have different "coaches", I had a similar problem. It turned out to be the "RELAY"! It was very difficult to get out. Had to use a small flat blade screwdriver, and carefully lift against the edge until I lifted it enough to loosen and remove! On mine, the whole row of fused items would not work! Changed the RELAY, and "Voila", they all worked. Hope this helps! Dang electrical "gremlins" are the worst issues to solve!

Having gone through this thread again, did you happen to test that 1 amp black fuse below the Relay?

I noticed that 1 amp fuse also. I don't think it is the relay because he has no power on the large red wire. I think there is another fuse, most likely one of the resettable rectangular ones that has failed. Being that I am adventurous I would jump power over from the J-10 wire and see if everything works, then find that fuse.

noticed that 1 amp fuse also. I don't think it is the relay because he has no power on the large red wire. I think there is another fuse, most likely one of the resettable rectangular ones that has failed. Being that I am adventurous I would jump power over from the J-10 wire and see if everything works, then find that fuse.
My thinking on the 1amp fuse is for the ignition control wire circuit that opens/closes the above relay.

My thinking on the 1amp fuse is for the ignition control wire circuit that opens/closes the above relay.
We checked the 1amp fuse, it's OK.
I noticed that 1 amp fuse also. I don't think it is the relay because he has no power on the large red wire. I think there is another fuse, most likely one of the resettable rectangular ones that has failed. Being that I am adventurous I would jump power over from the J-10 wire and see if everything works, then find that fuse.
I've been thinking the same thing.

On a surprise note, NIRVC has agreed to pick up my coach, take it for repair, and then return it. Something that I've been asking for since May! So good on them, right? If I can get power to the ACC side, which I think I can get from the BATT side, then they can fix whatever it is when they get it to Atlanta.

That being said, I'm pretty sure there is a fuse or breaker somewhere that needs attention.

Being that I am adventurous I would jump power over from the J-10 wire and see if everything works, then find that fuse.
I ran a jumper from the BATT side to the ACC side and everything works as it should. So there is a fuse or breaker somewhere down the line. I'll call Newmar in a bit and find out where the rascal is. :)

Latest resources

Back