Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Tnedator

RVF Supporter
I've been having some power problems. Since getting Hughes watchdog EPO, I've had several situations of the EPO shutting off power to the coach for exceeding 50 amps in line one. Newma overload line 1 and amps are 55 will all kinds 1 devices running.

Based on what I've read of the PCS system, it should be shedding loads or running inverter off battery to keep below 50 amps.

What an I missing.

2019 Ventana

The same thing happens to me at times. My take is the Hughes shuts things down before the coach has a chance to shed anything. It seems to be the nature of the beast.

Ok, I think I need to swap a load from line 1 to line 2. The easiest way, assuming I have enough wire slack, is to swap two piggy back breakers (Washer/Dryer and Fireplace/dishwasher). The dryer is a 20 amp, where the other three are 15's, and the fireplace doesn't exist anymore.

My question is how does the load shedding work. If I just move the washer/dryer piggy back breaker from L1 to L2, and the fireplace/Dishwasher piggy back breaker to L1, will that have any impact on the load shed (although not sure that the dryer is actually a load shed device, so may not matter).

Anyone know how the Precision control system is wired for shedding loads?

I’ve never seen it load shed while on 50a shore power. I can’t tell you how it is wired but it sheds based on a priority and you are correct the inverter does allow for a pass thru from the batteries to assist with the load.

One issue is I think Newmar wired more than 50 amps on one leg. Basically, with everything on, L1 is about 55amps, hence the reason I want to move the dryer to L2, but I want to make sure that I don't screw up what the load shed would do, even if only one 30amp/Generator.

Latest resources

Back