• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question purpose of the emergency exit window

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@MapNerd, I'm just 3rd party here but I don't think he or anyone took offense to your humor but instead took it as not a bad idea. Don't sweat it my friend, I think you're reading too far into it, your post was good.

P.S. Read his info on the left side, he's driving a Tiffin, doubt Newmar will help :) You seem deprived of :coffee: lately

Now why not use what some fighter jets use on the canopies to blow them apart prior to ejection. You could have some of that cool detonating ribbon stuff in just the right place.
I did pull an all-nighter Troubleshooting a platform upgrade last night. Went to bed at 6am, back up at 11.

Now that would be something if Newmar was willing to install an emergency egress door on any class A!
Still, check with third parties would be my immediate advice. Someone can do it...for the right price.
And if the price ain’t right, go for the 14” Stihl. You want something nice and compact that is easy to maneuver in tight spots.

Make sure you give it a good test each night just as DW settles into bed so that she can have reassurances.

I was not serious and I didn’t meant to make light of your concern. Apologies if I caused any offense.
Oh lord man, I took no offense. In fact, I was laughing when I first read it and then thought... wait, maybe . . . :)

So here's where we are so far. I took my Jonsered chainsaw and cut a reasonable sized access hole in the side of the coach. I no longer have a dinette but we didn't use it all that much anyway. Nailed some plywood over the hole and painted the inside of the plywood to match the interior of the coach. I'm pretty sure that one good kick will knock the plywood off, and then out we go!

Working on attaching a slide to the side now.

Oh lord man, I took no offense. In fact, I was laughing when I first read it and then thought... wait, maybe . . . :)

So here's where we are so far. I took my Jonsered chainsaw and cut a reasonable sized access hole in the side of the coach. I no longer have a dinette but we didn't use it all that much anyway. Nailed some plywood over the hole and painted the inside of the plywood to match the interior of the coach. I'm pretty sure that one good kick will knock the plywood off, and then out we go!

Working on attaching a slide to the side now.
tuck and roll, baby!

Latest resources

Back