RV Make
Pace Arrow, Fleetwood
RV Model
Elaganza
RV Length
Chassis
G30
Engine
got a 1987 pace arrow class A and I've been living in it and working on it for 4 months now. Seller told me everything worked, but I never got the chance to test everything because it was having starting issues, and no shore power at the sellers parking spot. I will start with the biggest road bump. This rv was home to pack rats for several years. The seller sold this unit to another family that was displaced by a wild fire that took out a lot of houses....Talent Oregon 2019.He got it back after 4 months from a towing yard via state police for being left on the road. He said everything worked, and I assume it did when he parked it 6 years ago after driving it from Texas. This RV was originally owned by a retired military officer and he added many upgrades and kept good records, of which I have several binders full of good info. So after repairing chewed wires that I could actually get to, and doing my best to access areas without gutting this thing, I have most everything working in one form or another. There are two batteries, main and and aux. There are two issolation switches in the coach that are labled main and aux. The house lights will go out when I turn off the aux, as will all 12v functions when not plugged into shore. While plugged into shore, the aux switch will only turn off the 12v refridgerator function. No other 12v are effected. Refridgerator was not part of any wire repair. The batteries (coach and house) may have been rigged wrong maybe, but because the fuse panels are a nightmare to try to chase, I was hoping for some possible thoughts from others

It sounds like someone bypassed the power converter and wired the fridge into the battery. Maybe the original wire from the converter got chewed up and a quick/dirty fix was applied.

If your fridge is 3way when connected to shore, the fridge will automatically use 110. 12v is a on the road engine running option (last resort)type setup and if wired different will leave you with dead batteries.

The converter will supply the coach 12v system no matter what switch is off while 110 shore is connected.

After running your questions through my flow charts I think the system is working the way I would want it to work.

Latest resources

Back