• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Rally in Pueblo

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I did have a nice visit with Casey and brought up the Andrew Steele interview. He said he didn't want to do it originally but marketing convinced him. He states, "it has proven to be positive", whatever that means. He was a little perturbed that Steele emphasized the downsizing of the fuel tank in the King Air.

Given the amount of apparent security issues, is it beyond the realm of possibility for owners to create a neighborhood watch in that setting?

Unfortunately Pueblo like other cities in Colorado Front Range have an indigent population problem. There were folks camping in a small section of woods just outside the Fair Grounds perimeter. The police seem powerless to control them for any number of reasons.
This causes manifold issues.
The running gun battles at night are a concern for all and has become far too “normal “.
Welcome to the Third World.

All that said, there are only a small number of facilities nationwide that can accommodate 500 resource intense RVs and have adequate meeting rooms and dining facilities for the daily activities,

The catering did improve over time but was still subpar, especially for a group that has the resources to travel in large very expensive vehicles.

Speaking with the NKK staff, the number of adequate venues is very small considering the size of this country.
Consequently the repeat visits to sites like Pueblo.

Just my $0.02

They may not need 500 sites for the upcoming rallies. There were 380 at this one and with the number of people commenting that Puebloe would be their last, they may get by with a much smaller venue. This year, the vendor area could have been on a basketball court, and most meetings had fewer than 25-30 people, some with fewer than 15. The caterer had no excuse to run out of food before everyone was served. They ran out Friday night and that was with many many of us not going.

My burning question is, why do we have these rallies in the middle of summer when it requires us to air conditioning in our coaches?

Unfortunately Pueblo like other cities in Colorado Front Range have an indigent population problem. There were folks camping in a small section of woods just outside the Fair Grounds perimeter. The police seem powerless to control them for any number of reasons.
This causes manifold issues.
The running gun battles at night are a concern for all and has become far too “normal “.
Welcome to the Third World.

All that said, there are only a small number of facilities nationwide that can accommodate 500 resource intense RVs and have adequate meeting rooms and dining facilities for the daily activities,

The catering did improve over time but was still subpar, especially for a group that has the resources to travel in large very expensive vehicles.

Speaking with the NKK staff, the number of adequate venues is very small considering the size of this country.
Consequently the repeat visits to sites like Pueblo.

Just my $0.02
Joe I am slightly offended! Well maybe more than slightly.

When I look around me! Yes to some I appear to be indigent. I see many that live the way I do! You know? Cargo trailer trash, school buses, tent campers, oh yes! One 1983 obsolete Alpenlite 26ft fifth wheel! I wander around the public lands, traveling, and spending My time. I and my comrades all do the same. Very very few amongst us covet your stuff. To us it would just be something to own us! You might say stuff taught us, we didn't want any part of your world!

I like most around me don't lock our doors! If what we have,you need, ask, and soon it will be yours!!!

There are many in the lower elements of your society that steal! Think guns are toys! And covet your stuff!!! I say "your", because "our", represents people who have rejected your norm, for a more spiritual goal!!!

It might serve to explore, before you judge!!!

Kevin, tell that to the couple whose $9000.00 electric tricycle and bicycle were stolen or the couple whose gold cart was stolen.

My guess would be that you All went to a well advertised event where a lot of people advertised their toys on social media.

Those are things not easily hid in a normal camp. Rather easy if the thief came from a local community! Or for that matter a reasonable distance.

I would liken this scenario to the man on a sidewalk looking for his contact lense. When asked by someone wanting to help where he was when it fell out. The man replied by the desk! When the bystander asked what desk? The man responded, oh inside the building!

But why are you looking out here? The bystander replied.

Well said the man,the light is better!!!

They may not need 500 sites for the upcoming rallies. There were 380 at this one and with the number of people commenting that Puebloe would be their last, they may get by with a much smaller venue. This year, the vendor area could have been on a basketball court, and most meetings had fewer than 25-30 people, some with fewer than 15. The caterer had no excuse to run out of food before everyone was served. They ran out Friday night and that was with many many of us not going.

My burning question is, why do we have these rallies in the middle of summer when it requires us to air conditioning in our coaches?
That’s disheartening. I have every intention of attending next years’ since it’s practically next door to me. I hope that trend reverses.

I have been wanting to ask that same question but I did not want to offend by asking Why? 99% of you know your coaches well so is there more information to be had? Just reading the thread kept making me keep asking why. Heat , bad power, marginal food, indigents, gunfire the list goes on. Why don’t they beak it up into regions or maybe they do. Maybe it’s the draw of meeting and seeing fellow coach owners. I am sure there are good answers so help me understand.

I was somewhat disappointed in the vendor's participation at the rally. I was pleasantly surprised when the Newmar techs showed up this afternoon to take a look at my remote door operation. I guess it helped that I signed up several months ago.

As usual, meeting and making new friends is the best part of any rally.
A few weeks ago they published the next 4 years dates and locations. They are hoping that will help improve the vendor numbers.

Latest resources

Back