• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Rally in Pueblo

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Neal, as bad as I hate to say this, you're correct. There is one row that is constantly having the same issue. NKK has put out messages daily to turn off electricity use diesel to heat water and run only two a/c units. The response was, "I paid for electricity so I'm going to use it". You just can't cure hardheadedness.

The power issues I'm also reading about on FB are yet another indication that RVers really don't know their coaches as I tried to point out to Casey Tubman at Newmar, you know, that guy, and how Newmar should consider YouTube videos for training. I've seen other companies have a tech channel that helps people understand how to use and maintain their "things" and this would be great for Newmar.

In the case of this situation at Pueblo, if everyone would turn off their AC I/II (electric heating elements) and only use diesel burner, they would tremendously alleviate the power situation. But people just don't understand it unfortunately, in my opinion. 400 coaches (however many it is) at 22A reduced per coach, helps.

Hoping things have stabilized.
We had to be moved today. Kept losing power. We have 2 ACs but trying to use only one. Using propane for everything we could - fridge and hot water especially. But we were surrounded by 43 to 45 footers. I know they have three ACs and probably all electric. I was told by one of the directors that originally this had been scheduled for Michigan, but when they checked out that site they found it was 10 times as bad as this one. I think he said there’s only one building that even had concrete floors!? so this was the best they could do with the sudden change.
It’s been tough all around, but I will comment that a mere $50 price difference between the full hookups (sold out before we even knew about the Rally) is a bit unfair in these circumstances.

We rafted the Bighorn Sheep Canyon this morning and yes, I'm the only one paddling.
rowing.jpeg

we left early, but we managed to get the repairs that we wanted and a few other things that we wanted, but didn't need. However, on this trip, we have been sold on the need for magna shade. I didn't realize you could see out the front of them.

we left early, but we managed to get the repairs that we wanted and a few other things that we wanted, but didn't need. However, on this trip, we have been sold on the need for magna shade. I didn't realize you could see out the front of them.
Our Magna Shades helped make it bearable in the heat. I highly recommend the tire covers also.

Magna shade is in our future as well.

Regarding this Rally, learned a lot of “didn’t know what I didn’t know “!
On the wait list for the Oct 4 day Spartan chassis seminar.
At this Rally we met several industry folks, Doug, GM of Spartan RV chassis. Great guy. Several of the Spartan chassis Techs and sales guys.
Had some last minute fixes that occurred on the trip. The tech that comes to mind is Mikey Kamp of Spartan, formerly Newmar retired.
He is a wealth of info and has very deep technical knowledge. He has the experience of years of troubleshooting Newmar coaches.
100 degree + Fahrenheit even dry heat is still damn hot! In the sun it was like an oven.
Luckily we did not have any power issues to speak of but others did.
Everyone was running AC full blast.

Had a good discussion with Riverpark tech and a Xite engineer from Germany. Fixed some of the oddity with the Xite map system.

Also learned from the Newmar grapevine that they are in discussion with Garmin in an attempt to solve the GPS issues in the dash.

My biggest disappointments were the lack of vendors, the catered food, and the number of items stolen. The occasional gunshots from the surrounding neighborhood at night were a little freaky. It's
too bad the Grupio app became so undependable.

The Newmar techs are unbelievable and the Newmar Parts Store was even stocked with some of the oddball parts I needed.

The wash and wax crew did a great job on my coach. I don't know how they managed to complete 90 attendees plus all the show coaches in just 5 days.

Have not read much if anything good other than the Newmar techs and getting things fixed. Sad. Read about ebikes getting stolen, and all of the other nonsense. Maybe NKK will learn in the future if you're going to have a big event maybe coordinate security.

Have not read much if anything good other than the Newmar techs and getting things fixed. Sad. Read about ebikes getting stolen, and all of the other nonsense. Maybe NKK will learn in the future if you're going to have a big event maybe coordinate security.
Even after they brought in "security", a 3-wheel electric bike was stolen and a golf cart. I've seen better "security" at a Wal-Mart.

Latest resources

Back