• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Rally in Pueblo

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I signed up online last week. They are sold out. Washing almost 100 rigs this week.
We missed a lot of this rally, evidently due to not signing up early, for things we didn’t even know about. We must have overlooked some communication.

Here at the Rally as well. Across from the Pavilion. This last couple of days the Altitude has been tough to adapt to here. Never had an issue before. Too much sea level life I guess.
I’ve not noticed altitude issues - we usually vacation in Lake City, which is neaely twice this altitude. And, while driving here, we had 4 days to gradually adjust, I suppose.
I have, however, been sneezing a bit. It’s a bit drier than our subtropical coastal home.
Oh yeah, I was at a seminar yesterday snd laughed at something the speaker said, inhaled dry air and dust, and coughed a couple of times. So I used the moment as an excuse to change my seat to the back; I was having trouble seeing around a large guy.
As soon as I moved, a lady got up and moved away from me, very decidedly.
Afterwards, I happened near her, and she told me she had had covid and nearly died (I didn’t catch ‘when’ - I was slightly taken aback)
It was a bit embarrassing, and a downer. I hate the Covid legacy.

Here at the Rally as well. Across from the Pavilion. This last couple of days the Altitude has been tough to adapt to here. Never had an issue before. Too much sea level life I guess.
Found the dogtopia - really nicely done. Also found, to our great jealousy, the gorgeous sites with full hookups and beautiful views overlooking the park 😆 (no doubt occupied by hardworking rally workers) and the veggie gardens nearby. Lovely areas to walk.
I will say, the heat is beating me down, and it was only the first day. It’s only getting hotter this week, too. I think we’ll be leaving early and going to cooler climes.

I figured at that altitude the heat wouldn’t be such an issue. Learn something every day.

It's 102 at 4:19 pm which is much better than the 104 prediction. The rally has been fun but I'll not spend another summer week in Pueblo.

Attended the Spartan chassis seminar presented by Big Mike this afternoon.
Well worth the time and effort.
Made me understand the value of the 4day seminar put on by Spartan.
There is a tremendous amount to know and attempt to retain operating one of these Chassis.

Reading everyone's comments. Wish we were there. We hope to attend a rally some day...
Right now, just living vicariously through you guys.

A pilot friend brought these to my attention after I spent far more on an oxygen setup for my plane. May help those in CO.
Bob bought some for his hike up Uncompaghre last fall

I have heard about power issues at the rally…have you guys been affected?

The power issues I'm also reading about on FB are yet another indication that RVers really don't know their coaches as I tried to point out to Casey Tubman at Newmar, you know, that guy, and how Newmar should consider YouTube videos for training. I've seen other companies have a tech channel that helps people understand how to use and maintain their "things" and this would be great for Newmar.

In the case of this situation at Pueblo, if everyone would turn off their AC I/II (electric heating elements) and only use diesel burner, they would tremendously alleviate the power situation. But people just don't understand it unfortunately, in my opinion. 400 coaches (however many it is) at 22A reduced per coach, helps.

Hoping things have stabilized.

Latest resources

Back