Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I've had Starlink suspended since last fall and my plan is/was to reactivate it prior to the Oshkosh AirVenture airshow event due to cellular network saturation. I went on the Starlink site and logged in and it shows my billing cycle is July 11 - Aug 10th. So it appears if I reactivate now then I'd pay $150 and not be pro-rated for the days in the month I have not used it?

Anyone done the reactivation that can confirm you ante up the full month amount due regardless of where you are in your billing cycle?

This is what I found online.

Is Starlink month to month?​

Yes, the Starlink subscription is month to month. Billing cannot be prorated, meaning monthly service is paid for in full monthly increments. You can’t pay for a half of a month, or get a refund if you cancel Starlink halfway through a billing cycle.

I've had Starlink suspended since last fall and my plan is/was to reactivate it prior to the Oshkosh AirVenture airshow event due to cellular network saturation. I went on the Starlink site and logged in and it shows my billing cycle is July 11 - Aug 10th. So it appears if I reactivate now then I'd pay $150 and not be pro-rated for the days in the month I have not used it?

Anyone done the reactivation that can confirm you ante up the full month amount due regardless of where you are in your billing cycle?
Maybe I'm not following your post but your billing cycle doesn't have anything to do with the 1st through the 31, it's from the date you reactivate it and then every 30-31 days after that.

Which is how mine works anyhow. Actually, my monthly billing period starts on the 7th of each month and then renews each 31 days. If I suspend the account, or change the plan, it doesn't take affect until the end of that billing period.

EDIT: Oops, I see BGMac and I both posted at the same time.

I understand suspending the service and that no matter when you suspend it runs until the end of the billing cycle. But if I reactivate today (July 19th) and it shows my billing cycle is July 11 - Aug 10, will I pay $150 today and that only takes me to Aug 10th? My hunch is that is the case and I effectively pay for 9 days of service I didn't use.

I understand suspending the service and that no matter when you suspend it runs until the end of the billing cycle. But if I reactivate today (July 19th) and it shows my billing cycle is July 11 - Aug 10, will I pay $150 today and that only takes me to Aug 10th? My hunch is that is the case and I effectively pay for 9 days of service I didn't use.
You sure it doesn't say Aug 19th?

The billing cycle is as above, I see now though it shows next to the $150/month "107.xx due today" so they are prorating the amount due based on days left in cycle.

In our experience, when we re-activated Starlink after being paused - a new billing cycle starts with the reactivation date. Thus giving a full month of time for the $150.

In our experience, when we re-activated Starlink after being paused - a new billing cycle starts with the reactivation date. Thus giving a full month of time for the $150.
Mine too. In this case, from the July 7th to Aug 7th.

StarLink.png

Latest resources

Back