Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Purchased a new mobile package from Starlink. Going to try this on our trip next week to see if it works as well as our cell sim.
Granted data bandwidth and speeds will be much improved if I can find unobstructed sky.
IMG_1421.jpeg

Joe,
We bought/activated that system in January. We have been pleased with it. Our Grandkids in the coach next door have too!

Starlink up and running in 15 mins! That includes getting the onboard Pepwave to find it and use as Primary 😎😎

IMG_1451.jpeg

This morning as the Starlink settles into its location I get these speeds. This is not a fine tuned location, I just dropped at the end of the parking area at open sky to the east. Not bad!

IMG_1452.png

Very impressed with mobile Starlink so far. Setup is simple, and performs extremely well.

Mid day on Thursday in a metro area

IMG_1461.png

Ok , now the downside of Starlink. When you can’t get “useable clear sky”! While we have open sky to the east, there is no satellite coverage there yet. Much of the useable sky is occluded by RV, and other campers tent, etc.
So you end up we partially obstructed useable sky.
I may work the antenna around some today to get a better view of the useable sky but for now this is what it looks like.

IMG_1479.jpeg

And then you get this as well

IMG_1480.jpeg

I continue with my Pepwave as primary but I am fortunate to have both AT&T and Verizon unlimited plans with no caps, etc. I won't activate Starlink unless needed, it's just a cost not necessary as observed in my travels to date other than the EAA AirVenture airshow with cellular crowding. Starlink is great to have in the Internet arsenal and the roam option with the ability to suspend/activate is nice.

Well here is an update that has surprised me. Have not touched the satellite receiver yet the obstructions have somehow been reduced?? Not exactly sure what Starlink has done to work around obstructions but stronger signals for sure.

IMG_1481.jpeg

We are using the Pepwave router with Verizon SIM card as backup. Primary source is the Starlink WiFi signal. This has worked reliably as the Starlink signal was degraded. The TV buffering while streaming makes any interruption of signal unnoticeable.

Latest resources

Back