Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I use a Remco 55AQUAJET-AES water pump. Any idea why my rear bath faucet cycles like this? The faucet was replaced with a Moen so it's not the factory cheap faucet.

I’m guessing that your controller needs adjustment or replacing. If the pressure is not adjusted correctly, you will get pulsing like that.

TJ

It's only on this one faucet. Shower is fine, washer is fine, kitchen and half bath are fine. I think it's the long pex run and pressure demanded. Waiting to hear back from Remco as well as I sent this to them.

Is there a flow restricter in the new faucet? Maybe you need one.

TJ

Not that I'm aware of, just your typical aerator.

Looks like the back pressure is on the borderline, and makes the pressure switch cycle? Open another faucet and this one, and see if it will continue to do the same thing?

Remco told me to do the same, open another faucet and all works fine. Waiting to hear back and see if there is any fix.

Small DC pumps have been been my business for 20 years ??

Any fix or just live with it?

Your new installation must have restriction somewhere? look around for kinks in the hose, some extra screens in the faucet etc.
If that fails, you may adjust the pressure switch a bit high or low until the cycling stops.
BTW did you try it on city water with pump off. That will give you another reference point by reading the gauge on the pressure regulator.

Latest resources

Back