• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Rear bath faucet cycling on water pump

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Our new 2020 DS does the same thing. 2017 didn’t. Pressure on 2017 was good without the pump for showers, same can’t be said for 2020. Struggling with what to do besides complain to Newmar. I do run the same regulator set to 55-60 psi as I did before so it a new coach issue.

I’ll try the opening of second faucet and see what happens.

I wander if they reduced the size of the plumbing lines, or started installing water saving faucets and shower heads etc?
For the pump to pulse, it means something is restricting the output. Just like leaving a faucet dripping. You will hear the pump come on and off every few seconds.
On our coach I opened the end of all faucets and removed all restrictors except one screen. Same in the shower head.

I think the problem is the rear sink isn’t demanding enough pressure as if you had a faucet only turned on half way.

Neal, try taking the aerator off the faucet and look for a thin brass plate that has a small hole in the center of it. That would be your flow restrictor. You might be able to get by with removing it or you could drill the hole out to make it flow more.
Tom

Latest resources

Back