Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Scott 2251

RVF Regular
Does anyone know if there is a way to not have the fridge come on automatically when the house power switch is turned on? If I'm not using it, I have to remember to manually turn it off if it's not being used, each time I power the RV on in my class C. Otherwise, it drains the battery. I suppose I could just place a reminder sticker next to the rig's power switch, but I thought I would ask. Thanks.

Is there not a manual switch or control on the refrigerator? When not in use, I just turn it off. That way with house power, shore power, or no power aka battery, the refrigerator is always off.........unless I turn it on.

Same here. I turn it off and open the door so that it won't mildew inside. Though I do have to soak up some water with a rag as the freezer coils thaw.

Rick

Nope, this one has an electronic control inside the door. There is a pushbutton that you have to depress for ten seconds in order to power it down. It comes back on automatically every time the RV is powered back on.

Would removing the "Refer" fuse work for you? We just purchased a Roo 19, and that is what I was planning to do with ours when we pack it away for the winter.

Maybe flip the REF circuit breaker to off in the power distribution panel. That will kill the 120V from shore power. And you may have to pull the fuse for the REF as well to kill the 12V from the converter/battery system.

I just had a conversation with the factory earlier this week about this topic. I held the power off for 10 seconds, per the manual, however when I went back out, after cycling the power to the TT, the fridge was running with the doors open and lots of ice buildup.

Turns out, that the customer service rep said that the instructions were misleading, and the unit only goes into standby and does not power off and will turn back on when power comes on. If you want it off, you must pull the fuse.

After reading the suggestions and etc. I think I'd opt for installing a conveniently located switch to turn the 12 VDC off at the refrigerator. With no 12 VDC applied to the control panel, the refrigerator would be inoperative. I figure it beats fumbling around to pull the 12-volt fuse, and likely losing the fuse when the refrigerator is needed.

Bob

Latest resources

Back