Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
It's really hard to get the bottom of these curved doors cleaned well due to the tracks for the rollers. While I haven't tried a toothbrush yet my thought it is may be better to remove the doors for a good thorough cleaning. Anyone done this and have tips on doing so OR tips on getting the bottoms cleaned thoroughly?

If they are like the curved shower doors in our MADP, there are two plastic guides at the bottom of the door, one at each end. They are removed by taking out a screw on each one. Without the guides in place, the doors lift up and off the track, then pull out. Reverse the procedure to re-install.

TJ

I just cleaned mine about two weeks. I didn't know about the plastic covers on the bottom of the shower doors, until I started scrubbing. I removed all four of them and found they were what looked so dirty. I used an old toothbrush to clean the edge of the shower pan where the doors slide around, and the plastic covers.

Thanks all, I'll try a toothbrush first but wouldn't mind removing the doors to get the bottom a good cleaning from hard water and grime. Yes, plastic caps on top and bottom, some have come off a time or two.

Do we need the caps? I took mine off as they always looked dirty....

Do we need the caps? I took mine off as they always looked dirty....
I don't think so, they are probably there to protect what could be sharp edges. I should consider removing mine as well. They certainly do collect the grime.

I don't think so, they are probably there to protect what could be sharp edges. I should consider removing mine as well. They certainly do collect the grime.
Took my caps off a couple of years ago as they seemed to be more of a pain than a protector. The key to the shower is to wipe it down after every use. Only takes a couple of minutes. A shot of Scrubbing Bubbles every couple of weeks with a mild scrubbing pad and the shower will look like new forever.

I agree....we use a squeegee... helps a lot.

We started using "Wet and Forget Shower" at the S&B about 4 years ago and stopped the squeegee. It works great.

Wet and Forget

Latest resources

Back