RV Length
37’
Chassis
Ford
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
None
Anyone, fix or replace one of these? It appears to be leaking in the circled places. It would happen on a holiday weekend.

IMG_1809.jpeg

IMG_1808.jpeg

Had to turn off water to coach. I am concerned it may also be leaking in the wall. I don’t want to make it worse, bit have to cut off sealant to remove it.

IMG_1810.jpeg

I would start by replacing the washer under that leaking nut, it could be leaking there and running to the bottom of the faucet

I would start by replacing the washer under that leaking nut, it could be leaking there and running to the bottom of the faucet
No washer. Water coming out arond the bottom of the black piece on top. I think it is shot.

IMG_1812.jpeg

IMG_1811.jpeg

I was wondering if anyone replaced this with a residential faucet. The backing plate is jus screwed into the plastic shower, so I am concerned with adding weight for bouncing down the road.

I don't like plastic either! Don't know where you would find a single handle mixer,but two handles? Look into bar faucets, that is my approach!

Doesn’t matter how many handles. Local hardware store had RV plastic two handle ones, but thought perhaps an opportunity to upgrade to something better.

Doesn’t matter how many handles. Local hardware store had RV plastic two handle ones, but thought perhaps an opportunity to upgrade to something better.
Then look at the bar faucets. As I recall the swing arm head can be removed and wand screws on. Home improvement stores should have one for you to inspect.

Might look here

You can purchase rebuild kits for faucets, I have done that and also have changed a couple faucets out over the years, but usually sinks, no showers, the cheap residential faucets dont seem much heavier than the rv ones

Whatever you do make sure you avoid putting sealer on the bottom wall/faucet surface so water will not find its way into the wall.

That cartridge is available. I have replaced a couple of them for people. Just get the numbers off it and see if local big box stores have one or Amazon. I ordered one and then found them in an HD.

Whatever you do make sure you avoid putting sealer on the bottom wall/faucet surface so water will not find its way into the wall.
I thought they sealed it all around, at least the backing plate. I don’t think the faucet cartridge on the outside of the plate was sealed.

Latest resources

Back