Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

rvexplore

RVF Newbee
Hi. not sure if this forum is mostly geared to the US or not. Just thought i’d ask in here.

Last year (August) i rented a class c RV in sweden for 15 nights and it ran about 200 USD per night for the rental and insurance. This year (August) id like to go to norway and I see the pricing is much higher for a class c. Around 300 per night. Any idea why Norway is so much higher in price? Both countries are equally very expensive in general.

Also if you have any recommendations of a good RV rental place in norway and sweden that’d be great. The company we used last year, Roadsurfer, had a lot of issues. Long story. Definitely won’t use them again.

Mostly taxes I would guess to say. Taxing visitors brings money into the country and reduces the tax burden of the Norwegian people.

I was in Bodo Norway back in the 80’s when in the military. There way of thinking is a bit different then ours “not saying this in a bad way”. They were very polite and happy and treated us very well. The terrain is rough there with beautiful mtns and fjords. We were the first US F-16 squadron to go to Boda. They also had F-16’s. We would fly on joint missions and the stories our pilots would come back with were amazing.

If you haven't, you may want to check this site for any and all info re eu RVing in general or even ask Nina and Paul. they are exceptionally knowledgeable and helpful people.

Mostly taxes I would guess to say. Taxing visitors brings money into the country and reduces the tax burden of the Norwegian people.

I was in Bodo Norway back in the 80’s when in the military. There way of thinking is a bit different then ours “not saying this in a bad way”. They were very polite and happy and treated us very well. The terrain is rough there with beautiful mtns and fjords. We were the first US F-16 squadron to go to Boda. They also had F-16’s. We would fly on joint missions and the stories our pilots would come back with were amazing.
wow, sounds interesting. what kind of stories were the pilots telling you?

wow, sounds interesting. what kind of stories were the pilots telling you?
I don't want to sidetrack this post so I'll Just mention one event. Then Norwegian Air Force do not have the limits imposed on them like the US Air Force. On one joint flight with a Norwegian 16D "2 seater" a Norwegian pilot was flying an US pilot on a mission to intercept a Russian ship that was off the coast listening to our radio communications. They dropped down to circle the ship. They were so low they had to look up in the plan to see the ship. US pilot estimated the wingtip of the F-16 was about 5-10 from the water.

I will say, Norway has a tremendous amount of history. The stories of the Vikings and WW2 were just jaw dropping and amazing. The museums were great to see. I was 2 months over there which was not nearly enough time to visit.

I’m sorry I don’t have anything for you on rv rental. However, years ago we rented a car and drove from Oslo to Bergen. What a magnificent drive! Absolutely beautiful. I was a bit of an aggressive driver and it seemed like every time we rounded a bend at speed, a bright light would flash. After about 20 of these flashes we realized that they were from “speed cameras”.
They didn’t say anything when we turned the rental in and I have never heard anything over the years but I don’t think I will ever go back to Norway as they might throw me in jail and/or fine me serious $$$$!😳

Latest resources

Back