Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

How To Replace A/c power brick with straight through 12v 1 amp connection.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thank you, Kevin, I think I got it handled. The manufacture replied that it is 12volt 1 amp and is now checking on the Voltage range but believe the product was designed for a 12 volt range that would work on an automobile battery setup so I should be ok. I may buy the DC-DC inexpensive converters anyway because they are cool, and I would like to experiment with them on other projects. By the way I used some of your advice on the solar decisions, so thank you for that.

That would work. I've also purchased these and these, but I prefer this one for mounting.
Thanks, I will give them a look!

Thank you, Kevin, I think I got it handled. The manufacture replied that it is 12volt 1 amp and is now checking on the Voltage range but believe the product was designed for a 12 volt range that would work on an automobile battery setup so I should be ok. I may buy the DC-DC inexpensive converters anyway because they are cool, and I would like to experiment with them on other projects. By the way I used some of your advice on the solar decisions, so thank you for that.
Little story. I just changed my system voltage. I took my Lithium 48 volt battery out of the mix. This required changing the voltage on everything! I am back to a 24 volt system, and am much happier, but, I only have one 12 volt load and forgot to account for it! Short story long, I was having trouble figuring why my water pump became so louder than it was. I have been thinking it was on it's way out, I started checking things out! Come to find out it has been running on 24 volts for about a month.

It is not getting hot when it runs, because it doesn't run long! Matter of fact it measures hardly any temp change at all!

The side effects I have noticed is more noise, and it pumps up the accumulator much faster! Think I will see how long it lasts this winter when I am heating the floor with the house water heater!!!

I also have a 10 awg set of jumper cables I use to jump a dead battery in the truck if I leave something on in the truck. That set of cables gets really hot, but my 24 volt house system doesn't mind!

My point is depending on what you are doing, what you are powering, mecanical devices are seldom hurt by higher voltages if you don't get too stupid about it!!!

Yes it uses a A/C adapter plugged into 110. After cutting the wires I should test the wall adapter. My understanding so far is the 12 volts need to stay the same, but the amps need to be 1 amp or higher. You are also saying I should add a 1-amp fuse to the wire. should I place the fuse on the + or - side?
Fuse on the live power side. It might not be needed as many 12v devices have built in over charge protection, just consider it as insurance

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back