• Commercial/Vendors welcome

MOD Replaced exterior TV (again) - LG 48 inch 4K

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I replaced my splitter and HDMI cables and when the time comes to do this job I'll also run a new 8K cable to the front TV. Obviously stuck with what's in the coach going to Televator, and that's fine. A 4K TV even watching 1080p is night and day different from a 6 year old TV.

This effort is now on hold due to a break down.

We go camping to enjoy what is around us, the area, and meet and greet new folks. If I want to watch TV, I stay home. And where we camp, the quiet hours are 8PM to 6AM. There's a reason for that. There is already enough disrespect for others in the campground area without adding the annoyance of a dang TV or sound system blaring away with flashing lights to disturb the night. So take your 1/2 million dollar rolling TV elsewhere.

We go camping to enjoy what is around us, the area, and meet and greet new folks. If I want to watch TV, I stay home. And where we camp, the quiet hours are 8PM to 6AM. There's a reason for that. There is already enough disrespect for others in the campground area without adding the annoyance of a dang TV or sound system blaring away with flashing lights to disturb the night. So take your 1/2 million dollar rolling TV elsewhere.
Not everyone uses their RV the same way you do. Some that still work are fortunate to be able to travel, have new scenes out their office windows, and work from amazing destinations. Blend it with some outdoor activities, some like to watch sports, or whatever. The uses for RV's are very diverse, be respectful of how others uses theirs as people should respect how you intend to use yours. Camping requires balance at campgrounds as there are some that cater to children, some that are 55 and over, for a reason, and some boondock for a reason. Go to the places that cater to your RVing desires.

Let's keep the thread on topic (and respectful) for those that are interested in improving the tech/etc. that's a part of their RV.

With all due respect, for those who travel and work out of their RVs, that's great! And I certainly have no issue with that. What one does inside their RV is also their business. However, when their outdoor TV, their sound system, their children, or their pets invade my privacy in a campground, I do get a bit concerned. In your words, "the speakers and bass on the system are amazing". That tends to amplify your intentions. Pun intended. As a retired Nashville recording and broadcast engineer, that's great. But please, not around me! Be respectful of others, and keep it to yourself and not share it with your neighbors is all I'm asking. Thusly, we all should respect the space of others. FYI - as I understand, they aren't making any more space these days. In fact, the size of the earth is actually shrinking.

I wouldn't dare set foot in your campsite area unless invited, nor let my dog or cat or child or grandchild do the same. It is your space, use it as you wish. I've no bone to pick there. In my case, I believe I am entitled to my space and any prolonged objectional noise (broad definition) or person or animal coming into my space is, therefore one that becomes my business. This is the primary reason we do not use commercial campgrounds. We prefer the quietness and solitude of National Park campgrounds, State campgrounds, or Corps of Engineers campgrounds. After all, we do live on 5 acres and on a small hill on the Cumberland Plateau in TN. Looking to the NW, the nearest thing we see at our elevation is Short Mountain, some 38 miles distant as the crow flies. There is nothing between us and Short Mountain but air. Now that's a view!

Further, you'd be amazed at the technology I've installed in our travel trailer. That's the advantage of being an EE. Most of the hardware systems are custom designed and built by me, along with me writing the code to make them do the job as intended. As to a sound system, me being a retired Nashville recording studio engineer, you likely won't believe what we have. A simple satellite radio receiver and a factory-installed Bose system. And with me having worked in radio and TV Broadcasts for years, the cheering crowd, both local and in the stadium, I feel it should stay at your house and not drift over to mine. On more than one occasion I felt it necessary to step over to a neighbor's campsite and ask them to turn the TV sound or the music down. Most of the time they complied, agreed it was too loud for the present environment, and offered an apology.

I feel that we should stop and smell the roses along the way, for we may not pass this way again. I'd hate to spend my time in front of a TV, while the world passes me by.

Bob

What and miss an episode of Big City Greens? Unthinkable!! 🤣

Right on the mark with your first paragraph, Bob.

Okay, staying off topic then...

I'm outside enjoying fresh air the other day, watching my new TV, not loudly, and the site next to me is a jeep service convention it seems. Impact wrenches, working on a group of jeeps for hours. Sounded like you were in a car repair facility. It happens, we deal with it, people do their things and that's the nature of "RV parking lot" campgrounds.

When I was younger and we went on a two week camping trip we watched very little TV and was busy doing hikes, 4-wheeling, site seeing, fishing and etc. Seem like there was never enough time to do everything we wanted to do. Now, we snowbird down south for 4 to 5 months and the motorhome becomes our home and not just camper. There just isn't enough to keep us keep busy every day for 150+ days nor would I want to. Just like at home we do spend time watching TVs.
One day while we are snowbird we get little loud and watch outside TV with consume adult beverages...... It's call Super Bowl Sunday.

Last edited:
Nice discovery in that if you use Apple TV (hardware) you can get the audio in AirPods. I'm watching my outdoor TV and using my AirPods so there is no sound coming from the TV to bother anyone AND I can hear the audio much better this way.

I'll probably start a new thread when mods are done outlining how to replace the other tv's inside the coach. 2 of the 3 TV's are in, I had to cancel and reorder due to my engine issue thinking I may not be getting here to Pagosa Springs. Today I removed the rear grills to the front TV and started investigating the level of effort it's going to require. Just like with the original outdoor TV mount Newmar crafted their own, stupidly. The outdoor TV mount was an epic fail, the front TV mount is just a custom setup with a rail width for this TV which does not match the new TV (it's wider). I ordered a slim mount that I'm hoping I can attach to their mount and make it work otherwise as usual per Newmar design creativity is required. Stay tuned...but as usual, it's never easy!

Latest resources

Back