Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Once you go 4K you can't go back and my outside TV was 1080p. I replaced the smaller Newmar outside TV with overflow from my house as new TV's went in, the older ones went to the RV outdoor TV spot. I think Newmar used a 43 and I put 46's in, twice. With poor cable/antenna scanning on top of 1080p (blech) it was time for a treat so I shopped for a 4K TV that would fit. I am typically a Samsung TV guy but finding TV's that fit these spaces has become a challenge these days. Either way too small or too big. I had 42 inches between the lift struts for the door and found LG has a 48 inch 4K OLED TV that's 42.2 inches wide. So I ordered it while here in Breckenridge, from LG, paid for expedited shipping and it was a close call, it arrived today (Friday) and I leave Monday for a 4-5 hour drive to my next destination.

It is a tight fit but it worked. I have a TV mount that tilts and swivels so I can finagle it out of the compartment if needed but I intend for it to stay right where it is. I absolutely love the picture and all of the features, speakers, etc. As mentioned above I am a Samsung TV fan but all of my computer monitors are LG so I trust in their panel technology and quality. As usual what should have been a one hour job took half a day. A run to Lowes for M6 screws as my prior TV used M8, then to Walmart for an extension cord as the power cord is on the opposite side of the prior TV, opposite the wall entrance to the under sink area for power.

Very much looking forward to watching TV outside now. Loving this setup! Oh, and it picks up all the channels now on cable scan like inside. It has Alexa, YouTube, Amazon Prime, etc. etc. all built in. I do use Apple TV which is installed separately on the outside TV (overflow from newer ones coming in) but we'll see how this integrated one works out.

IMG_4246.JPG

Goodbye soundbar! The speakers and bass on this TV is amazing!! Sorry neighbors, I'll be up late!!

Based on my shopping cart this little mod may be breeding to within the coach....ugh - the same TV above fits the Televator and the 42" version of the above the front TV. Nothing for the bedroom yet (thank G!)

I am going into the junk business. Neal; a stop at your house is free! When should I drop by? Will an econo van be large enough?:coffee:

We are getting ready to replace our 2017 Ventana inside TV and the biggest that will fit is 48". Did you have any problem getting the holes to line up in the TV and the mounts?

I've only done the outside TV. I did examine the inside TV's as I'm likely (sadly) going to replace all 3 soon realizing all of my TV's are 1080p and the difference in today's tech and 2016 TV's that mine are is amazing. As one of my pleasures is watching stuff (typically YouTube) I'm not sparing expense on TV's. I am getting a 42 and another 48 inch of the above TV for front and televator and a Samsung 32 inch for the bedroom, the only one that will fit my space available, but that's fine. I actually have this one at home in the kitchen:

Samsung 32" for bedroom:

LG 42 and 48 inch for front and televator:

It is going to be interesting getting holes lined up and I'm not sure the work involved for the televator. I doubt I can do the front and televator myself so I either make a friend at Pagosa Springs or I'll need to hire a RV mobile tech to help me. I have all 3 TV's above in my cart, not sure if I should buy one at a time or all at once but likely will get all 3 at once and hope for the best.

I took another look and a better study of the televator install in my coach. The top corian is not attached to the TV, it's attached solely to the televator, which is good as the new TV is very very thin. There are two bolts on the lower side of the TV, probably M8 that will need to be removed, not hard. There is a bar attached to the TV on the top side by adhesive and then it's connected to the televator with 2 x self tapping screws. I plan to remove those screws and then detach the bar from the old TV and added 3M VHB adhesive tape to my cart which I'll use to reattach the bar.

There is discussion about removing the screens and working through the window but I don't see that it will be necessary.

I realize I will likely not receive 4K content over the typical RV Internet connectivity but who knows in the years ahead. The quality of picture and features of the TV's warrants replacing. The current TV's are 6 years old. Ancient in the land of tech.

Probably will upgrade the Apple TV for the outdoor TV with the latest edition as well, however, Apple is set to announce new products on Sept 7th so may wait and see what's coming. The new remotes are so much better on the new Apple TV's. I've replaced all of mine except the one on the outdoor TV.

Edit: As the new TV is much thinner, there may need to be washers/bushings applied to get the new TV plumb. I found a TV mounting hardware kit, perfect! Just to be safe ordering this too:

Last edited:
I think I just bought tires for my RV, nope, all new TV's - yowwwchhhhhhh! On the way, arriving Pagosa Springs in a week.

I was doing so research on the HDMI connection in my overhead compartment in my Ventana. I don't believe the HDMI splitter nor the cables running from the drivers overhead to the TV are 4K certified. I use the Shield for primary and Apple 4K as backup installed in my cabinet over the driver seat.
Another subject, I just found a neat tool on the Sheild that will show DB on APs and also show graph on 2.5 thru 6 WIFI signals plus more. Here a snap shot of the speed test.

Attachments

• wifi test - 1.jpeg
    wifi test - 1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back