Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
With all this extra time on my hands (and the arrival of warm, sunny weather), I replaced the "outdoor shower" setup in the wet bay with a nice mixing valve that has a swivel spout and standard garden hose threads. This will make it easy to get water to flush the black tank. I've ordered an 18" hose to make that connection and will use quick-disconnects I have on hand to make things easy to use. Photos below.

Replacement wet bay valve - 1.JPG

Replacement Wet Bay Valve - 2.JPG

Note the proximity of the "sewage rinse" connection; black quick-connect fitting to the right of the new valve.

I used the base section of the existing plastic valve mount, discarding the extension piece. To provide some additional rigidity to the plastic wet bay cover piece, I bonded 8" lengths of 1/8"x1" aluminum strips on the back side, using 3M automotive double-sided adhesive tape.

The parts used were:

Wall Mount Faucet: TS Brass B-1115-LN Chrome Wall Mount Faucet - Touch On Kitchen Sink Faucets - Amazon.com

Gooseneck spout: TS Brass 131X Swivel Gooseneck Spout, Chrome - Touch On Kitchen Sink Faucets - Amazon.com

Garden hose adapter: Amazon.com: T&S Brass B-GFE Garden Hose Outlet: Home Improvement

When the spout is swung out toward the bay door, it just barely clears with the door closed. Swiveled in, it clears easily. I think this is the solution I have been looking for; a durable mixing valve with a garden hose thread. We never used the OEM "outdoor shower" for anything other than filling a pail for washing the front of the coach. It was useless for providing water to the sewer flush connection.

TJ

Last edited:
@TJ&LadyDi beautiful mod and thank you for including the links. I have two questions...where did you get that black tank rinse quick connect and is there anything special about it? Second you have a wall plate below the paper towel holder...what does that do?

@TJ&LadyDi beautiful mod and thank you for including the links. I have two questions...where did you get that black tank rinse quick connect and is there anything special about it? Second you have a wall plate below the paper towel holder...what does that do?
Sheridan:

The right-angle quick-disconnect is available here...

They now only offer the 90-degree version; mine is the now-discontinued 105-degree version that I really like as it angles slightly away from the panel. The 90-degree version will work fine, however.

The "wall plate below the paper towel holder" is my tank status display panel. In the MADP (and other models), Newmar included a display in the wet bay showing the levels of each tank (fresh, gray & black). Very handy when using the Sani-Con.

TJ

Nice mod!

Nice job @TJ&LadyDi - living vicariously through you :)

It's well worth it though, isn't it? Being able to get good water pressure and actually make use of it is great.

Nice mod; it’s on my list to do, too. I second the Kwik Link disconnects...I have them, too and they are brilliant.

parts ordered, many thanks for the link

Latest resources

Back