DSDP 4326
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
ISL 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Winnebago ERA 70A or 2012 Ford Taurus
I have to replace the 50amp cord reel on my coach. I tend to replace with identical items, but I’m wondering if there might be another route to follow with this one.

The OEM is Glendinning CRRA50-12. Has anyone replaced this with another brand/model?

The Newmar price for just the reel w/o cord is $1300.00.

Shop around - if you are doing it yourself it is not too difficult, however make sure the generator is disabled from starting as well as the circuit breaker is off on the generator control panel. Also Shut off the inverter although depending on coach it may only be connected at the main breaker panel.

See link below - this is just the first one I found - likely many other sources. With 50' cord set and the PowerSafe plug (just an indicator on the male 50A plug) it is ~$975 with free ground shipping.

You wouldn’t need the cord, would you? That is probably a big part of the cost.

Buying from Newmar should typically be the last resort, as you probably know. Check pricing and options from Glendinning direct. If you had any protection devices ahead of the cord reel, maybe ask them if they would courtesy handle it or part of the cost out of good will?

Edit: some things can come out cheaper from Newmar and also consider that Newmar typically includes shipping, but all worth comparing.

Edit: some things can come out cheaper from Newmar and also consider that Newmar typically includes shipping, but all worth comparing.
I wanted a Newmar accessory and finally, I decided to pay up! I e-mailed my local dealer the part number, color and price and asked what they could do on it. Shortly got an e-mail back from the parts manager who verified I was ordering the correct part and gave me a small discount (think it was about 15% IIRC). They had it shipped directly from Newmar and I had it next day.

So, don't be afraid to ask.

$1,300 is crazy for the reel without the power cord. I bought a new one from RV Upgrades, here's the link, it was $895 with the power cord.

On my 5th wheel, I’ve bought several replacement items directly from Heartland. The price was always 10-20% less than any discounted dealer price. They have the item sitting in stock and ready to ship in days. 1) front door side hydraulic leg, 2) front off-door side hydraulic legs, 3) kitchen waste water tank, and something else which I forget. It’s unreal that shipping was less than $15 for each item and one of the legs was overnight mid-day (because I was stranded in the middle of Florida.

Latest resources

Back