RV Model
Wildwood XL 253 RLXL
RV Length
25 ft or so
TOW/TOAD
Chev 2011 Silverado Crew Cab LTZ
Fulltimer
No
In our 2016 253RLXL, just wondering if anyone has replaced the jack-knife sofa with wall-hugging recliners? Thoughts appreciated.

Bob

I'm thinking taking the jack knife sofa out and building a cabinet with a fireplace and shelving on sides. Another thought i was having , move sofa bed to that side by tv and putting theater recliners in for watching tv. Still need a extra bed for the couple times a yr have friends with us.

I'm thinking taking the jack knife sofa out and building a cabinet with a fireplace and shelving on sides. Another thought i was having , move sofa bed to that side by tv and putting theater recliners in for watching tv. Still need a extra bed for the couple times a yr have friends with us.

Thanks for your thoughts.

We have zero interest in a fireplace. Our queen-sized bed is upfront and has a great mattress. That's because we purchased a great mattress to replace the original. We are two senior adults, watching very little TV, and enjoying the outdoor fire while sipping some fine wine and listening to the sounds of nature. We don't have any friends or biscuit snatchers that travel with us. Any that do will have their own RV.

Bob

We did that in our Forester. Unfortunately the RecPro recliners started peeling and we put the jack knife back before we traded it in.

Could probably dig up the thread I did on the jack knife removal if you need.

Thanks for the thoughts.

We did replace the two original recliners with fabric-covered units from RecPro. We love them and they are very comfortable. Besides, I despise sitting on plastic. Will do the same if it is decided to remove the jack knife seating. We did have it recovered but do not like the results. Should have saved the money spent on that project and applied it to recliners to start. Jack knife sofa removal is easy. I removed it, had it reupholstered, and then reinstalled it. About a 15-minute job in and out.

Bob

Thanks for your thoughts.

We have zero interest in a fireplace. Our queen-sized bed is upfront and has a great mattress. That's because we purchased a great mattress to replace the original. We are two senior adults, watching very little TV, and enjoying the outdoor fire while sipping some fine wine and listening to the sounds of nature. We don't have any friends or biscuit snatchers that travel with us. Any that do will have their own RV.

Bob
We love our fireplace! It puts out a nice amount if quiet heat. That plus our floors is usually all we need. Judy D

Whatever keeps your tootsies warm.

Bob

we have done several remodels and have taken the RV furniture out and put regular furniture in. Worked out well for us.

Attachments

• IMG_2276.jpeg
    IMG_2276.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2280.jpeg
    IMG_2280.jpeg
    237.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2282.jpeg
    IMG_2282.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 11

Latest resources

Back