Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 340 hp
TOW/TOAD
2013 Subaru Crosstrek - manual, flat tow
Fulltimer
No
What is the advantage of residential refrigerators?

In my mind, the chief advantage is the removal of a known fire hazard. Supposedly they cool faster too.

Storage capacity, better temperature control, safer

Never considered the safety factor. Price, went with a apartment sized fridge that was size equivalent and has more storage by about 5 inches in depth. Makes ice in the summer heat, and cost about 1/6 the price of rv propane fridge. I was able to put 1000w of solar on the roof with the savings. ability to cover the vent on the roof and seal the vent in back of fridge. Not worry while away that the fridge will quit and spoil the food. Only time I might have to add gas to the mix(genny) is after 5 or more days of overcast.

Would you like me to go on.

Do they run when you’re moving down the road?

Yes, they will run off the inverter.

My inverter is always on so are the things that run on it, even when going down the road

I’ve read somewhere that some people keep the fridge closed while traveling, and just use a small ice chest for drinks. ?

I installed a Samsung stainless steel French door bottom freezer residential 'fridge in my 40' Holiday Rambler diesel pusher when the crappy Nor-Cold RV 'fridge went out. Camping World wanted $3600 for a new Nor-Cold and I said NO WAY!!!! I found the residential 'fridge on sale at Lowes in the scratch and dent section. It had a dimple on one side that would be hidden by the cabinet so I offered him $600 and he took it! Installation was a 2 man job!!!! Had to remove all the doors on the 'fridge and the passenger captain's chair to get the 'fridge inside. And it was heavy!!! :oops: It works great and we love it!!! The house batteries will run it as we drive or we can fire up the generator if needed to recharge the house batteries. When we get where we're going we plug the RV into the electric and it operates off that. So far it's been great. The Nor-Cold RV 'fridge was 12 cubic feet. This one is 18 cubic feet!! And it looks like it came in the coach from the factory. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_2953.JPG
    IMG_2953.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2954.JPG
    IMG_2954.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 33

Latest resources

Back