Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Rettroband - are they worth it?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
While I still think it's tremendously over priced, I guess you buy once and use for the lifetime of the coach. Nothing mentioned on warranty as of yet, what do they tell you?

What happens when Freightliner Gaffney goes to replace your tires?
Neal, Not to scare anyone but with sadness and great loss, we just lost close friends from a RV tire blow out. Google Molander family rv accident that happened about a month ago on RT 81 in PA. Whole family died including other truck driver when their RV had a blow out and lost control. For me experiencing this kind of grief I can't put any price on what can go terribly wrong so we will be installing these bands on our RV ASAP for piece of mind. I pray no one ever has this happened to them.

Enjoying the discussion on these.

We know someone that blew a front tire on their super c and ended up totaling the coach and trailer. Not easy to handle even with the front wheels in front of you.

Been kicking around getting them on our superstar.
Dennis,
I'm getting them on our RV ASAP. We just lost close friends in front tire blow out. Not to scare anyone else but google Molander family rv accident that happened about a month ago in PA on RT 81. We still can't believe it and will be grieving for a long time.

Neal, Not to scare anyone but with sadness and great loss, we just lost close friends from a RV tire blow out. Google Molander family rv accident that happened about a month ago on RT 81 in PA. Whole family died including other truck driver when their RV had a blow out and lost control. For me experiencing this kind of grief I can't put any price on what can go terribly wrong so we will be installing these bands on our RV ASAP for piece of mind. I pray no one ever has this happened to them.
I'm very sorry for your loss. For this thread and my other thread let me be clear. We all want protection from a tire blowout and if Rettrobands are that answer, my point is that it should be more available and cost effective so that MORE LIVES CAN BE SAVED. If a vendor is making them difficult to get, both in service providers and cost, then that is a shame. I know some say they put no price tag on this, yeah, I get it. But if you have something that can save lives, then save more lives. Go to bed at night feeling good for what you've done for the community and lives you can potentially save.

If one is maintaining exclusivity to maximize profits and line pockets, well, that's their choice. I compared this to Centramatics in that you can get Centramatics at any truck facility across the nation such as T/A, etc. Why can't I get Rettrobands at these facilities? Don't give me some complex install solution, I don't think that's it. As with anything, clear documentation, torque values, etc. is all that should be needed. Maybe I'm wrong...but I want more people to have the opportunity to have their lives saved by affordable options. I've also stated for years in my 6 years of RVing that I see companies preying on the retired, their retirement accounts.

I get they are expensive but I take issue with your premise that they aren’t available and NIRVC is lining their pockets with profit and abusing the market.
First…. It’s like anything else new in this world..,,new devices are expensive. As the market grows the price will come down. If you dont believe this premise how much did the first cells phone cost?? Thousands of dollars right. Now you can get them for free.
Second….I won’t disclose but I happen to know that the profit on these are not big as youall probably like to think.
Third…..I have 275/70 22.5 tires and my cost was $3700 plus tax. I have a friend with a DS and his tire size is 305’s I think and he said his cost was about $5000. Again if this expenditure helps me keep my rig under control after a steer tire blow out and my family and I walk away alive I’d pay this any day of the week.
Fourth….where did this notion that Retrobands V2 aren’t in stock and not readily available come from? That’s simply not true.
Fifth….Retroband has a Lifetime Warranty. If you have to remove a steer tire any shop can take them off when they remove your tire. They will not put Rettroband back on with the new tire. Only NIRVC can do that. And when you go go to NIRVC they will install a brand new Rettroband.
In conclusion it’s each to his own. I’m a fan (btw I’m not an employee or associated in any way with NIRVC) and believe the money I spent is minuscule to that of my family’s safety.
Steve

Retroband has a Lifetime Warranty. If you have to remove a steer tire any shop can take them off when they remove your tire. They will not put Rettroband back on with the new tire. Only NIRVC can do that. And when you go go to NIRVC they will install a brand new Rettroband.
Am I to understand that ONLY NIRVC can put the Rettroband back on?

Doesn't take long to see the benefit to NIRVC on that deal.
In their defense, if they are going to back these up (such as warranty), they would probably prefer to install them themselves to ensure they are installed correctly. I also wonder if NIRVC has some liability with these devices…. So they may want to cover themselves.

In their defense, if they are going to back these up (such as warranty), they would probably prefer to install them themselves to ensure they are installed correctly. I also wonder if NIRVC has some liability with these devices…. So they may want to cover themselves.
So how does that work? I get a discount price through FMC and have my tires installed. Then I go to NIRVC and have them take the tires back off, mount the devise, and remount my tires. Pretty sure they're not going to do that for nothing.

See Rich, the problem here is that I've already taken it in the rear from the wonderful owner of NIRVC. (Story to be broadcast soon) so I have -0- belief that NIRVC has my best interests in mind.

Latest resources

Back