Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Rettroband - are they worth it?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I am pretty sure that the price of the Rettrobands includes removing the tires, putting the Rettroband on and putting the tires back on. Or am I missing what you are asking?

So how does that work? I get a discount price through FMC and have my tires installed. Then I go to NIRVC and have them take the tires back off, mount the devise, and remount my tires. Pretty sure they're not going to do that for nothing.

See Rich, the problem here is that I've already taken it in the rear from the wonderful owner of NIRVC. (Story to be broadcast soon) so I have -0- belief that NIRVC has my best interests in mind.
I thought this discussion was about the merits of steer tire blowout protection.

I am pretty sure that the price of the Rettrobands includes removing the tires, putting the Rettroband on and putting the tires back on. Or am I missing what you are asking?
But I already own the Rettrobands, Rich, they're currently installed on my coach.

I'm getting ready to buy new tires through a FMC discount provider. So after the new tires are installed, what do I do? Drive 130 miles to the nearest NIRVC, drop off my coach and go home. Wait until they get time to work on my coach, and when my lucky number comes up, I get to pay them to remove my already mounted/balanced tires, install the Rettrobands, and then reinstall my tires?

And then I get to drive another 130 miles (both ways) to pick up my coach. That's 260 miles each time, total of 520 miles and a bunch of money paid to NIRVC? That doesn't appeal to me.

And at the end of the day, NIRVC subs out the tire removal/install anyway. Or at least, that's what they told me earlier in the year.

Yea...I suspect that is what will need to be done. I am having my 2 new tires shipped there and the Rettrobands will be installed with my new tires. And I suspect I will have to repeat the process when I replace the tires again (5-7 years)...

I thought this discussion was about the merits of steer tire blowout protection.
I believe you are correct sir. And everything else that goes along with the purchase, installation, maintenance and costs that go along with the product that is being referenced.

Yea...I suspect that is what will need to be done. I am having my 2 new tires shipped there and the Rettrobands will be installed with my new tires. And I suspect I will have to repeat the process when I replace the tires again (5-7 years)...
Again, it doesn't take long to see the benefit to NIRVC on that deal.

I'm not arguing the benefit of having the Rettrobands guys, I'm just not a fan of NIRVC. At the end of the day, if you have a blow out and the product saves your family, you're probably not going to complain about the process, who has to install them, or what they cost.

NIRVC had a problem with shops installing the Rettrobands incorrectly early on which caused some failures of the V1 units. After that experience, causing a redesign to V2. NIRVC, in an effort to improve Quality Control, required installation of the V2 to be done at their shops.

Some of the V1 failures also happened to be installed by NIRVC shops. The President wants to not only insure the installation is done correctly, but has made an significant effort to train all their locations on the proper installation techniques.

NIRVC owns the design and the liability. Their reputation is on the line with this product. News of One major accident with Rettrobands installed will travel the Net quickly and doom, what in my opinion, a very useful safety product.

Anyone seen a video of how they are installed? I'd love to see an installation and what's involved. Were the v1 failures install errors or product defects? We won't really know. I can't imagine it's that hard. People build RV's, cars, airplanes, houses, whatever. They can probably install something like a rettroband. So again, show me the process, educate us.

Latest resources

Back