Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Rettroband - are they worth it?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Checking date codes on our tires, Superstar we picked up last December and just a comment….

Would be nice if Michelin put the date codes on both sides of the tires - had to open the hood to find the fronts and will have to crawl under the coach to get the rears.

Interesting discussion on rotation although we have 315s on the front and 295s on the rear so...

Had a four corner weight done while at the Mothership - we have at least 1k capacity on both axles and we are full since we are full time. Nice to know we “could” lower the pressures in the tires if desired and not close to overloading either end. That should help overall.

Checking date codes on our tires, Superstar we picked up last December and just a comment….

Would be nice if Michelin put the date codes on both sides of the tires - had to open the hood to find the fronts and will have to crawl under the coach to get the rears.

Interesting discussion on rotation although we have 315s on the front and 295s on the rear so...

Had a four corner weight done while at the Mothership - we have at least 1k capacity on both axles and we are full since we are full time. Nice to know we “could” lower the pressures in the tires if desired and not close to overloading either end. That should help overall.
Yup. Different size tires can be an issue with such a plan. Would it be possible to put 315s on the back? I guess it would be an added expense.

Yup. Different size tires can be an issue with such a plan. Would it be possible to put 315s on the back? I guess it would be an added expense.
That gets into a whole issue with distance between tires, air flow for cooling, etc. Not sure it would be worth the expense.

Steel wheels on the inners doesn’t help with the heat dissipation. Aluminum on those as well would probably help but probably other things we will want to do to the coach overall to spend the money on :)

Gotcha….didn’t know the answer so it was an honest question.
Thanks.

Gotcha….didn’t know the answer so it was an honest question.
Thanks.
Nope, knew it was honest and a good one. May be something we look at just to see if it would be even an option.

Appreciate the question for something to think about.

Does the additional unsprung weight and spinning mass of the Rettrobands add stopping distance or acceleration time? Do they cause the coach to ride any rougher?

Several weeks ago I went to the Rettroband website and put in a request for an appointment at the Washington DC (aka Manassas, VA) location. No response to date!

Approximate time of submission was this post

In my opinion it is always best to call as a followup to generic email requests. You never know how the email is routed or to whom.

I agree with Joe….

BTW. I am sitting at NIRVC as I type as they are being installed…

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back