• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ridiculously cheap, ridiculously easy mods to consider

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
That is awesome! I have my 20ft I ordered and will be putting it on this week after I get cleaned up at Casa Grande. And in the Ventana with the gutters and it coming right down the DS window I'll be putting one above the glass on the DS as well. Everyone should do this!!

I made this for my wife. Even though we have a washer/dryer, she always has a bunch of a delicates to hang up and air dry. It hangs over the molding in the bedroom. It folds so it fits in the back of a cabinet. It's made from flat stock aluminum, bolted to some conduit. I wrapped it in Gorilla tape to protect the wood.

20190915_092929.jpg

20190915_092953.jpg

20190915_093031.jpg

That is a great idea Don, might just copy that one too! Do you or anyone know of a good source to get the Dutchstar bathroom towel hooks. We would like to add one or two, and Newmar wants $32 each.

Not a big deal but I saw where some of you were installing air compressors. I had a small pancake model in my wood shop so I figured out a location to put it in the coach when we travel. It will lift right out when we get home and go back in the shop until the next trip. I also built a lift out tray to help use all the available storage space. This is the under bay right behind the passenger seat.

FLSteve

IMG_4193.jpg
IMG_4194.jpg

I made this for my wife. Even though we have a washer/dryer, she always has a bunch of a delicates to hang up and air dry. It hangs over the molding in the bedroom. It folds so it fits in the back of a cabinet. It's made from flat stock aluminum, bolted to some conduit. I wrapped it in Gorilla tape to protect the wood.

@Dutch Star Don … This is a great idea and I showed it to my wife as we were doing the exact same thing. Needless to say "she has ordered one" so I guess I better get busy as we leave in a week.

FLSteve

On another thread there has been a good discussion about flag flying. On my previous coach I had a rear ladder that made flag flying easy. On many Newmar coaches this is not the case and the flag option for the front of the coach I just didn’t care for. So, for less than $20 I bought 22” of 1” square stock, 5’ of 11/2” PVC and a U bolt that fit around my tow hitch bar. The flag pole fits down the PVC and stops at the top of the square stock. 9ABD91A5-0AD9-40DE-9DB7-70E46D3234C3.jpeg37E3E75A-BDE7-4E64-A435-475C8C127466.jpegB516F2C9-EA39-4836-A90C-3FDFC9FAB123.jpeg1FBC1932-B096-4659-8A84-65E54397230C.jpeg39709346-C833-45AD-82F8-36A004B883E0.jpeg

@Dutch Star Don has the patent on these and I am sure glad there are folks like him out there to think up these MODS. This one addressed the exact issue we were having so here is my version of the hanger. I used a wood dowel instead of a pipe and made them 28" long based on a field test fit of what DW wanted to hang on them They also fold up and fit on the pantry floor under the bottom drawer. Used a piece of felt that was sticky on one side to protect the hanger bar against the wood molding.

Thank you again @Dutch Star Don

FLSteve

IMG_4205.jpgIMG_4202.jpgIMG_4203.jpgIMG_4201.jpg

Last edited:
Not a mod, but under the jackknife sofa there is a 30" x 57" x 11" ish space to fill with not often needed stuff.

We got rain here in Casa Grande, AZ (oh my) and first "water event" after installing my top of windshield gutter. My windshield this morning is clean, no streaks or running water lines down it! Woohoo!

Latest resources

Back