• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ridiculously cheap, ridiculously easy mods to consider

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thank you very much. Did you buy a different molded plastic piece to mount the faucets to? Thanks again.
No, that's the original from the shower setup

I wanted to add the cherry wood fantastic fan covers to the bathrooms rather than two big holes in the ceiling. Called Newmar and they wanted a ridiculous amount of moola that I just couldn't justify. So I went up to the wood shop here in Happy Trails and made my own. I think they turn out to be just as nice as the OEM one in the galley.

Attachments

• 20200105_070322.jpg
    20200105_070322.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 108
  • 20200105_070400.jpg
    20200105_070400.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
I wanted to add the cherry wood fantastic fan covers to the bathrooms rather than two big holes in the ceiling. Called Newmar and they wanted a ridiculous amount of moola that I just couldn't justify. So I went up to the wood shop here in Happy Trails and made my own. I think they turn out to be just as nice as the OEM one in the galley.
Wow! Very nicely done.

TJ

DW wanted to add them but I hadn’t got around to calling Newmar to price, care to elaborate?

I think yours look just as good

As @lostinfla posted, I replaced the wet bay shower with the same faucets. For the black tank rinse I wanted to use the water source before it entered the house filters.
4CD6B32D-DE3C-4F2F-B2BB-8A8DE1F9B7FA.jpeg
FE4165C2-27A6-4502-A52C-85674B70493C.jpeg

The hookup has another back flo attachment, the the coach has its own back flo and air gap unit already in place and the rinse hose is never left attached to the clean out so I’m satisfied that this safer than if I were running a separate hose to the water source each time I back flushed with the park water source.

DW wanted to add them but I hadn’t got around to calling Newmar to price, care to elaborate?

I think yours look just as good

If i remember correctly they were north of $250 each. Not 100% sure of that.

As @lostinfla posted, I replaced the wet bay shower with the same faucets. For the black tank rinse I wanted to use the water source before it entered the house filters. View attachment 744View attachment 745
The hookup has another back flo attachment, the the coach has its own back flo and air gap unit already in place and the rinse hose is never left attached to the clean out so I’m satisfied that this safer than if I were running a separate hose to the water source each time I back flushed with the park water source.
Sure like how you have the filters installed. I want to do that to mine too. Also looks like you cut the back plastic panel in half. That is perfect so you can remove and inspect or get behind the panel without as much trouble as the one piece backing.

Sure like how you have the filters installed. I want to do that to mine too. Also looks like you cut the back plastic panel in half. That is perfect so you can remove and inspect or get behind the panel without as much trouble as the one piece backing.
Actually, the right half of the bay panel is a 1/4” plastic sheet that I cut to size and mounted over the original panel. The factory panel is so flimsy that I was afraid of mounting the double filter and towel holder on it. I did the same with the right sidewall where the pressure regulator is mounted. Much, much sturdier now.

Got sick of looking in the drivers mirror and seeing nothing but reflection off the windshield, so I moved the mirror forward and made a shield from black poster board that tucks into the front A pillar trim/shade track. Eliminates the glare and makes the mirror much more useful

.20200109_075002.jpg

Latest resources

Back