• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ridiculously cheap, ridiculously easy mods to consider

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
With the tip from J&JD, I ordered the drip rail. New windshield in, drip rail installed (above the windshield on the cap), ready for Tampa! As it turns out, I didn't have to move the numbers, but since I've got a new set on order, I'll replace them a little higher.

20200110_113615.jpg

That's where I'm thinking of installing mine too, it arrived yesterday, have to get it from the office. I didn't realize it was that flexible, hope it holds on those curves.

That's where I'm thinking of installing mine too, it arrived yesterday, have to get it from the office. I didn't realize it was that flexible, hope it holds on those curves.
It will hold on the curves pretty well. After about a year the end on the PS came loose about an inch. Put a couple of drops of silicone glue on it and it has been fine for many months and many thousands of miles. The DS is still well stuck in place.

Today I joined the "drip rail" club. :) Not the most optimum day to do this as it's not very warm. But I left the rubber in a heated room so it wasn't all that difficult to bend it around the window. I taped the curves down, so hopefully they'll stay there when I remove the tape.

There are three (3) numbers I can never remember when I need them so I had this tag make and put it on my front dash. Ordered it off of Amazon. I did "field measure" the coach at several points sitting in my garage at ride height to come up with a height number I felt good about.

FLSteve

Label.jpg

You mean, @FLSteve, that you don't have those numbers comitted to memory? Heck, I can recite...uhhh...what numbers are we talking about again? I forgot! ;)

I like your solution.

TJ

I always drive under the bridge then ask myself, what was my height again??

Neal, I added that "eyebrow" to the windshield when I first got the coach. Monaco put them on all their coaches. Newmar makes the issue worse, because the top of the front cap extends almost 3' back, so there is a huge area where water and dew collects in the morning.

My concern with adding the rubber was how visible it would be. Even though my coach is cream, mounting it just on the edge of the fiberglass, above the windshield, it disappeared into the darkness of the windshield. By mounting it above the glass, you can make it about 3/4" longer, so the water runs down the "A" pillars.

I cleaned the surface with alcohol and then started at one end, removing the backing as I proceeded.

20190622_125128 (002).jpg

Latest resources

Back