• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ridiculously cheap, ridiculously easy mods to consider

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I don’t use the wrap around stair covers for a couple of reasons. First and foremost I have the Summit stainless stair covers and I like the look of the stainless edges. Wrap around mess up the look. Second the carpet gets to looking dirty quickly and doesn’t do a great job of cleaning people or puppy feet.
I ended up cutting to fit one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VNPD74F/?tag=rvf01-20
and used double stick tape to mount to the stair tread. I’m still experimenting different tape to keep the mat in place. Been on for a year now with minimal problems and the mat looks like new.
FF540BD7-8F62-43E0-8780-D266E57A9D25.jpeg
26C1C552-DD82-40FF-A2CF-6C6B7B0DB009.jpeg

Will you people stop adding to my list?! I dont even have my coach yet! ?
Yup. Seems like I will be pretty busy, once I get mine and get everything fixed and working.

I have got to check before ordering, twice now I struck out! For the gutter at the top of the window, magneshade conflict, okay so then above the glass? Newmar logo conflict. Bummer!

I have got to check before ordering, twice now I struck out! For the gutter at the top of the window, magneshade conflict, okay so then above the glass? Newmar logo conflict. Bummer!
Maybe a very large umbrella? ;)

TJ

I couldn't find step covers that ran the full width of the step...ordered the mats and punched grommets,,,,works great

20180616_121841.jpg20180616_130156.jpg20180616_130716.jpg

Neal,
Haven't yet installed my Magna Shades. Going to do it while in Florida. Leaving early tomorrow.
But do you think there could be a way to install them and the gutter across the windshield as well?

Allan

The magneshade is designed to cover the glass so no, I don't think so. You could probably lower it slightly but that risks magnets not lining up as designed.

The magneshade is designed to cover the glass so no, I don't think so. You could probably lower it slightly but that risks magnets not lining up as designed.
But if you're the one placing the magnets, I see no reason why you couldn't install the drip-tray, then install the magnets maybe a 1/2" lower or whatever so that the top of the magneshade starts at the bottom of the drop tray which is at the very top edge of the windscreen.

Latest resources

Back