• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ridiculously cheap, ridiculously easy mods to consider

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Good point, forgot about the magneshade, wonder if I can put it on the top lip of the windshield?
You could mount it on the top cap above the windshield if you wish. I put it on the windshield thinking it could be removed easily without harming the coach paint. I just don’t know if paint would come off with it if mounted to the cap.

Above the windshield seal is probably going to be ideal, not worried about the paint. I've had other adhesives on the paint and removed it with no problem. I ordered 20ft as I have problems with my driver's side large window being a mess from the Ventana gutter drain coming down on it and I hope this can stop that madness. I'll mount that one just above the glass too.

Thank you for sharing this tip @J&JD

What have you used to remove adhesive on paint. I’ve used alcohol in the past with some success but I have a spot where I removed dealer sticker and wondering about goo be gone on paint. Stupid sticker was on less than a month but some strong adhesive.

In my case it was just carefully pulling it off but I think if you added heat from a hair dryer or heat gun that may help you out.

3M adhesive remover Won't harm paint. 20200104_114537.jpg

Heat sounds safer for paint, thanks I’ll give that a try

3m will be next step after heat, appreciate the input

Back to our program....
Anyway, I forgot to post this when I did it a couple years ago. When wearing slip ons like crocks, if they get wet you can take a ski trip down the entry by catching the edge beyond the tread. I stuck non skid strips (Lowes) between the rubber insert and the edge on each step. Much safer.

20200104_121353.jpg

I removed our chit chat off topic posts, @NWIP and I can touch base offline, continuing on topic, thanks @lostinfla - and I need new step covers for the external steps if anyone has good ones they recommend. Nice to clean my paws prior to stepping inside.

Latest resources

Back