Chassis
FCCC
Engine
Cummins 360
TOW/TOAD
2022 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Fulltimer
Yes
So, I’ve seen discussions on the new integrated roof drains not actually drawing from the roof.

We have had the coach for a month and a half and the front drains had stopped running through the internal drains. Could see the reflection of the water in the awnings and false awnings.

Called the Superstar number and discussed with the lady on the other end of the phone.

She said to blow them out with air from the bottom.

Since I needed a new compressor for the coach anyhow seemed like a good time to pick one up.

Also picked up a coil of the hard air hose to use for the process.

Access to the duck bills on the Superstar is directly behind the fuel fill doors on both sides and much easier than trying to get to them while laying on the ground 😀. Took the screw out of the duck bill to make room to get the air hose up into the drain portion.

Ran a few feet of the hose up and wrapped the rubber duck bill around the hose to force the air up.

Cut in the air and it actually blew water out the top. Then, when I stopped the air, it started pouring out of the drain as it should.

Did both sides and things are draining normally again.

Thought I’d pass along the what and how as well as the results.

I took all the duck bill thingies off and left them off for the past 6 years with no problems of critters getting in to block them. The drains still clog on occasion but I just use the water hose with a spray nozzle and force water up the tube to clear it. (I do the same on my S&B for the AC drain.) Works every time. One word of caution, don't use water on the rear drivers side tube on the DP's. That drain is for the engine air intake box located where the screen is on the drivers rear corner of the coach. Filling that with water could cause a multitude of problems.

Latest resources

Back