Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Steve4059

RVF Regular
Hi all! I’ve got a 2022 superstar 4059 and the drains at 4 corners of the roof are clogged. There is a plastic grate at the top but there seems to be something else beneath that(a fine scree or something) that is preventing the water from my roof from draining down the 4 corners of the coach. Has anyone else had this issue and what had to be done to clean the drains?

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpeg
    IMG_0031.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0033.jpeg
    IMG_0033.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
I removed the grates from the four corners and siliconed a plastic pot scrubber in each corner. One way to clear the drain tube is to use an air nozzle and blow the air up the drain. It can make a mess if there is a lot of debris.
Some people have removed the "duck bill" at the bottom of the drain tube. I am wary of that since it would be a great place for a mud dobber to build a nest.
Your grates are held in place with silicone.
Hope this helps.

I removed the grates from the four corners and siliconed a plastic pot scrubber in each corner. One way to clear the drain tube is to use an air nozzle and blow the air up the drain. It can make a mess if there is a lot of debris.
Some people have removed the "duck bill" at the bottom of the drain tube. I am wary of that since it would be a great place for a mud dobber to build a nest.
Your grates are held in place with silicone.
Hope this helps.
Make sure to blow low pressure air - ie 40-50 psi max. Too high and you can blow the drain hose off of the drain body.

Water hose with trigger nozzle from bottom works for me.

I have used air from the bottom. Trigger control small metal tube on the end of the air hose.

Stick up through the duck bill on the bottom and hold the duck bill around it. Blow for a little bit then stop and let go - drains right out then.

Latest resources

Back