• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question ROUTE ADVICE ASHEVILLE NC TO LEWISBURG W VA

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Here is a sample of US 219. Note the 10' lanes and very small shoulder. It goes without saying this road is fine as long as there are no unexpected equipment failures that would require you to stop.

US219 ii.jpg

Going South from Lewisburg "should" not be an issue. The real 'fun' twisty parts are north of Lewisburg.
Last I drove that route it was very scenic, but that was pre-motorhome.
South of Union there are some switch backs but nothing noted in The Mountain Directory.

Now, I grew up in the Northeast, NY, VT, CT, driving roads like this daily, so my tolerance for narrow, twisty roads might be much higher than yours.
If you pay attention to signage, take your time and manage your speed, it should be a nice trip. This is a US route so it should be suitable for your vehicle.

However, you as the driver will miss most of the the wonderful views...:) focusing on the road ahead:-O

Joe,
Just ordered the two Directory's! Well worth having for mountain travel.
From your description, it seems I should be able to make that drive up Rt. 219 without any difficulty.
Thank you for your assistance!

Allan

PS: Are you coming to the International?

PS: Are you coming to the International?
Glad to help. Unfortunately will not make to the International this year, family matters to attend to. Hopefully we'll make the next one:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back