Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

LikinRvin

RVF Regular
It's nearing time for us to retire old faithful. We'd like to research financing options but I'm hitting a lot of dead ends. My go to credit union has horrible rates. Light Stream has great rates but won't loan on private party RV's. Other places have year or mileage restrictions or only short term loans. We have excellent credit

Who have you had great luck with financing used RV's? Looking at RV's in the $70-100k range, 2006 and newer and less than 60k miles.

You might try Alliant Credit Union. I believe the RV needs to be 15 years or less in age . Good luck

RV loans are what my company does. We work with private sellers and dealers to provide an end to end loan service. We work with several lenders that have different appetites' for the specific deal. IF you need a hand with NADA values, let us know.
Our process is simple. We also have a title company so getting sales tax, titles and registrations completed is part of what we do.
Let us know how we can help.
Thank you,
Ken

A credit union is probably your best bet. They are cheaper than most, typically more lenient, as they are direct lenders.

One of the things with CU's is that MOST have a footprint of some sort. Meaning there are county's or states, or some sort of qualification to join. SOME will not lend on out of state items because the lien process can get tricky. All lenders approve or decline based on strength of buyer, value and the deal. Who handles the loan for a buyer has zero influence on approvals or declines. It would be great if we could affect the decisions. You can bet they would all get approved.
One more thing. SOME banks and CU's have very weak programs for recreational loans. Hunting for a good program that fits the deal is what we do.
Please note the use of MOST and SOME - this is different that ALL. Lenders have different rules and criteria so broad all inclusive statements don't work.
Thank you,
Ken

Back in my working days as both a Rv and a Harley dealer we facilitated hundreds of loans for private party transactions. Find a reputable dealer near you and ask for their finance manager ill bet he'll be happy to help.
For libility purposes we did require a lpg systems preassure check on all used Rvs.

RV loans are what my company does. We work with private sellers and dealers to provide an end to end loan service. We work with several lenders that have different appetites' for the specific deal. IF you need a hand with NADA values, let us know.
Our process is simple. We also have a title company so getting sales tax, titles and registrations completed is part of what we do.
Let us know how we can help.
Thank you,
Ken
Thanks for the info. I know it's credit and vehicle dependent but what are your average rates and terms? No sales tax in Oregon and we don't use title companies for purchases like this.

Thanks for the info. I know it's credit and vehicle dependent but what are your average rates and terms? No sales tax in Oregon and we don't use title companies for purchases like this.
We are not a lender so we do not have our own rates. Our lenders range from mid 5's all the way up to double digits depending on strength of buyer. Sometimes term and age of unit can also affect the rate. Mostly strength of buyer. Things like sales tax and titles are all state specific. Rules in the buyers state is what applies.
Thank you,
Ken

Latest resources

Back