Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

RV Floors: Polished Porcelain or Matte Finish?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Preferred Floor Finish

• Polished

• Matte

Results are only viewable after voting.

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I have polished porcelain and initially didn't like them. I almost slipped and killed myself after the first shower at FPU stepping out without a bathmat. Prior dog was terrified of them, I had to have carpet runners for her. Now I'm liking them again. I saw a pic today of a Newmar with the wood "style" but polished finish and it caught my eye. What floors are your favorite?

We had polished in 2017 DS and finish seemed to loose there scheen after awhile. We now have matted MountainAire floors and DW loves them.

Matte....so I don’t have to polish them

We did a special for Essex flooring in our New Aire; it’s more of a satin finish; certainly not as polished as the standard New Aire floor, but not quite matte either. It has a wood grain
E1BCBF70-9AEA-4326-B769-D61F9678993E.jpeg

For my lifestyle and the comfort and safety of my monsters, I got the KA floors. The shiny stuff is gorgeous, but not a real good option for us. Love the new MA floors as well.

We have the wood plank polished floor tile. I love the look , but it does take more upkeep. I have often thought the matt finish would be much more practical, but that gloss is so pretty, and cheerful. i run a dry floor mop/pad over it every couple of days, and use a steamer when needed. After three years, the floor looks brand new. We use no chemicals, just the steam. We have two small wool area rugs with fabric backs, that do not scratch the floor, or cause an issue with the heated tile when in use. Our dog really enjoys having a bit of carpet. Judy D

King Aire wood plank tile for us.
With our 85 pound Golden, along with the constant concern of water/pawprints/sand...it was a no-brainer.
We are 100% happy with our choice!!

Had wood laminate in Canyon Star, DW loved cleaning with Swifter Wet Jet. She loves the shinny on the Ventana and uses a Bona. Only had coach 1 1/2 years (full time since Aug 2019) Floors still look clean an shinny.

I have polished porcelain and initially didn't like them. I almost slipped and killed myself after the first shower at FPU stepping out without a bathmat. Prior dog was terrified of them, I had to have carpet runners for her. Now I'm liking them again. I saw a pic today of a Newmar with the wood "style" but polished finish and it caught my eye. What floors are your favorite?
One of the issues i had when we ordered our DS was all the floor options were high gloss. I just did not like the fact that every ceiling light was reflected on the floor. After speaking with a Newar rep, he suggested optioning the Mat finish King Air floor which we did. We love the floor. Not only do the lights not reflect in the floor, it is easy to maintain and looks great.

Latest resources

Back