• Commercial/Vendors welcome

RV Life Price Increase

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Is anyone using AdventureGenie? Their basic plan is free and the advanced version is $39.99/yr. I haven't tried it, but think it's worth a look.
They made presentations during the International Rally and we were offered a free 30 day trial of the pro version. It looked good during the presentation but I tried using it for the trip we're on now and was disappointed. I think the first year or two of subscribers will be Beta testers. It needs lots of work.

They made presentations during the International Rally and we were offered a free 30 day trial of the pro version. It looked good during the presentation but I tried using it for the trip we're on now and was disappointed. I think the first year or two of subscribers will be Beta testers. It needs lots of work.
I cannot distinguish between the so-called pro version and what we had previously. I have used it for years, and it operates the same way. They said, "Let's be a software dev company; it is time to charge a lot for the product and brand it as a "pro" version."

I cannot distinguish between the so-called pro version and what we had previously. I have used it for years, and it operates the same way. They said, "Let's be a software dev company; it is time to charge a lot for the product and brand it as a "pro" version."
Sheridan, Sheridan, Sheridan! Get the white sauce and tofu out of your brain. I was replying to Klampdaddy's comment on Adventure Genie. Pay attention boy or you're gonna need to to repeat second grade.

Sheridan, Sheridan, Sheridan! Get the white sauce and tofu out of your brain. I was replying to Klampdaddy's comment on Adventure Genie. Pay attention boy or you're gonna need to to repeat second grade.
Please be patient and understanding, he's busy running 299 speed tests.

Has anyone renewed their RV Life (RV Trip Wizard, etc.) membership lately? Mine was yesterday, and I remember it was a reasonable annual fee, like 35. It is now 65/year. I never got any notice that it was going up, so don't be surprised. The Trip Wizard is the best option out there for trip planning, and I use it. Just an FYI
Yes. I got the same surprise last month. 🫤

Previous Payments​

Jul 25, 2024
$65.00
ID: in_1PgRaRDXNbeKTVBigPzOEU0X

Jul 25, 2021
$39.00
ID: in_1JH5zzDXNbeKTVBidGG9TLXj

Jul 25, 2020
$39.00
ID: in_1H8m2pDXNbeKTVBicFLgWkYF

I was not impressed. I not sure who they were designing the application for but I know I am not ready to have “AI” take over and serve it on a platter.
I didn't like it either.

If anybody is looking for an alternative, I use RV Parky and subscribe to their Pro membership for $19.99/year. I am not saying it does all that RV Trip Wizard does, but I have been using it for years and really like it. I basically use it to find campgrounds and not for trip routing. I use my GPS, a truckers atlas and plain common sense for that. Just an FYI.

FLSteve(y)
I just started to look at RV Parky 'cause I'm done with RV Life. It looks pretty simple and it's fast but I don't think it has the volume of reviews just yet. I also use Google Reviews and Campendium but for trip planning I use Google Earth. Often I can get a ground view of the park.

Darrell

Here’s the response from RV Life.

Thanks for reaching out about this. Over the years we have raised our rates several times from a low rate of 39.00 to our current rate of 65.

The last time you renewed, you paid 49.00 (2021). At the end of that one year subscription, you received a FREE 2 year subscription based on your long time use and helpful posts over at iRV2.com (our sister site). That 2 year account reward has finally ended. I've made a refund of 16.00 to get you back to that old rate for the next year.

If anybody is looking for an alternative, I use RV Parky and subscribe to their Pro membership for $19.99/year. I am not saying it does all that RV Trip Wizard does, but I have been using it for years and really like it. I basically use it to find campgrounds and not for trip routing. I use my GPS, a truckers atlas and plain common sense for that. Just an FYI.

FLSteve(y)
Great suggestion. I have found this one of the most useful apps for finding parks. Rv life has really ruined the reviews for parks by mixing data from other sources like google reviews and yelp. Makes finding a park very difficult sometimes.

As for mapping, I haven’t been impressed with the routes from trip wizard, and prefer a combination of Apple Maps and google maps along with basic research. When I get on back roads and country roads more time research is done.

I have not traveled the north east USA in the Rv, but the few times I have driven thru PA, NY, NH, ME, NJ and RI, I have sworn that I will have to find an excellent routing tool and memorize a truck atlas before I attempt to take the RV.

Please be patient and understanding, he's busy running 299 speed tests.
I'm afraid the little guy is going to find out he's running backwards.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back