Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question RV Storage, inside/outside, rented/owned?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Joe Hogan

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4311
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Typically we store our RV in a Facility that provides inside storage. While we are happy with the Storage Facility and Management, even the price is reasonable but it is a 45 min to 1 hr drive each way depending on traffic. I like to fiddle around with the RV and the trip burns a lot of time.

We will be using this facility again for Spartacus, the 2024 DSDP. However we have contracted for a new private space in town. That may be ready next year.

I am curious what others do. Here in Florida as in many other areas, outside environmental factors are hard on equipment. With such a large investment, I feel it is reasonable to pay a little extra to store inside.

I maintain two storage options, for a different reason, but still, you could keep it close by while fiddling and have indoor for your lovely Florida events as needed.

Also be careful of giving up something that may be in high demand. You may not get it back. My second storage location where I typically stay is just that, very few covered with power and I won't let it go.

We built an RV garage at our house. I can now fiddle day and night. Before that, I stored it at a facility about 30 minutes away.

FLSteve :cool:

Also be careful of giving up something that may be in high demand. You may not get it back. My second storage location where I typically stay is just that, very few covered with power and I won't let it go.
Excellent advise, thankfully we have a very good relationship with the Management of the Storage facility. But to your point management can change unexpectedly. There is very high demand for this facility.

What I do with my "main" facility is work with management when I'm gone to allow other people to use my spot and discount my rate saving me some money. If you know you're going to be gone for months or want to use another location for a period of time, you may be able to coordinate that and save some money and help someone else needing a temp storage location.

We are Florida keys residents, so finding rv storage is near impossible. We keep our coach on land we own in South Carolina with our horses 🐎, in a metal building.

I couldn't build a garage in the community I live in, so originally was looking for a dedicated lot. In the end, my sister/BIL said that was crazy, and had me build it on their land, which is about an 8 or 10 minute drive.

We're going to be relocating in the next year - we currently store our RV on an open lot about 15 miles away from the house. When we move one of the things that will be a requirement for a new home will be the ability to park the RV at home.

We store outside right now. If we end up moving to a house with a decent amount of land, I’ll get a storage building for this and all of our other toys that will also fit a larger unit. Of course, that will also be where the climbing wall goes.

Latest resources

Back