• Commercial/Vendors welcome

RV tire prices

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Not sure about the lugs? Whatever came with the coach.

Wow, you all scare me. I got new tires last year, 295/80r/22.5.
Hercules, $4300 for all 8 installed.

I like the Hankook tires on our coach. I priced new ones and they came in at $530 each, so nice deal compared to Michelins. When i bought 2 new ones for the steer tires a couple years back they were under $400 ea plus freight.

Freightliner referred me to Snider tires in Gastonia, NC 704-874-0426 and I called them this morning. They are cheaper than FMCA at 858/tire and they have the Michelin XRV's in stock. I asked him how long are they supposed to last, i.e. years, he said Michelin said 7. I have a 2016 DOT date on fronts but have been driving on them for 5, so don't know what I'm going to do.

Freightliner referred me to Snider tires in Gastonia, NC 704-874-0426 and I called them this morning. They are cheaper than FMCA at 858/tire and they have the Michelin XRV's in stock. I asked him how long are they supposed to last, i.e. years, he said Michelin said 7. I have a 2016 DOT date on fronts but have been driving on them for 5, so don't know what I'm going to do.
I replaced my 2015 tires in May at 51000 miles. They had about half the tread left but some cracking that was within spec but cause for concern. I thought about running them for another 7000+ miles (last trip this summer) but realized that the new ones would time out before they wore out so there was no reason to try to maximize the life of the old ones. New tires provided a lot of peace of mind on that trip - one less thing to worry about and a major one at that.

My rule of thumb after many people I have talked to is 5 years. At the very least depending on the tread life of your steers you could move them to the rear and get new steers. In my opinion, that’s the tire that’s most critical in a blowout.

Neal,
Ask them for a final price out of the door.

The big dilemma / question with replacing tires is I have a known good going to an unknown. Yeah, it may be new, but that doesn't mean there isn't a manufacturing defect for example that could result in a problem. Tough situation with RVing and the most feared, for me.

Replaced my 2016 Michelin steer tires with 45k on them early this year with a set of the same brand prior to my 7k cross country trip. They were less than half worn. Probably will keep the the 6 on the rear for another 1-2 years. Out the door, including an alignment was approximately $2300. Reasonably cheap insurance in my mind.

The big dilemma / question with replacing tires is I have a known good going to an unknown. Yeah, it may be new, but that doesn't mean there isn't a manufacturing defect for example that could result in a problem. Tough situation with RVing and the most feared, for me.
Your concerns/dilemma don’t add up as you fail to add in the manufacture’s time frames and parameters for tire replacement. The chances of failure as the tires age go up dramatically.

Latest resources

Back